Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glacier Craft for sale

Default Glacier Craft for sale

This may have been mentioned somewhere before, but I just ran across it. Sounds like a pretty good deal, honestly.

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/3771097476.html

You bring up a very good point Deak. It's still in construction....wonder why the customer walked away from it??????
    BK

The ad says he is moving back to Texas... so not much use for it in Texas.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

If the boat is worth it buy it then get it out of that shop as fast as possible and finish it off yourself. I wonder what else needs to be done to finish it ??

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

How many years does it take to build one of those nice Wooldridge pilothouse boats?

Months not years. Wooldridge is an outstanding company that actually delivers on time, within budget of quote, and EXCELLENT service after the sale....but I think you already knew that Deak!
    BK

My wife and I are seriously considering buying this boat. I've talked to Scott on the phone and we are going to look at it tomorrow. Could you guys who have friends that have dealt with GC recently PM me their contact info so I can talk to them? I need to figure out the best way to proceed if we decide to do this. Thanks!
    When the HOGS show up, somethins gonna DIE!!!
    Blood Sport
    32' Custom Wooldridge
    MMSI #: 338181573

Stanly, please send me a PM w/ some detail about yourself {so I know whom I'm chatting w/} & I'd be more than happy to provide insight about our very frustrating experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanly View Post
    My wife and I are seriously considering buying this boat. I've talked to Scott on the phone and we are going to look at it tomorrow. Could you guys who have friends that have dealt with GC recently PM me their contact info so I can talk to them? I need to figure out the best way to proceed if we decide to do this. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Stanly View Post
    Without a contract you may not have many options should GC fail to perform to your expectations so spend a $100 bucks upfront or so & talk to a lawyer to see what your options are BEFORE you go to see GC &/or put money down on the boat. It could save you a lot of wasted time & money..................... not to mention frustration.
    2007 24ft NorthRiver OS
    Twin 175 Suzuki's
    "Thunderbird"
    MMSI #338033856

Folks, we've talked about this before, and I just spent some time cleaning up this thread. Let's please stick to the topic. If anyone has issues with any of the parties involved, please contact each other privately. We don't allow negative posts directed at businesses or individuals on this site! We never have.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    Folks, we've talked about this before, and I just spent some time cleaning up this thread. Let's please stick to the topic. If anyone has issues with any of the parties involved, please contact each other privately. We don't allow negative posts directed at businesses or individuals on this site! We never have.

-Mike

Didn't you also mention something about misinforming people because of no negative posts? I don't think much negative has been said, unless you consider the truth as negativity. They make a superb boat, you'll just have to wait a while to get it. Nothing negative about that...

Quote Originally Posted by DucksAndDogs View Post
    Didn't you also mention something about misinforming people because of no negative posts? I don't think much negative has been said, unless you consider the truth as negativity. They make a superb boat, you'll just have to wait a while to get it. Nothing negative about that...
    A posted account of a negative experience with a company is a negative post. Regardless of how brief the account is, whether the entire event is recounted, or whatever. If the post leaves the reader with the impression that they should not do business with a company, it lands in the delete pile. There is a certain amount of gray in this, so it's better for us (and for our posters) to err on the side of caution.

The problem with this system is that it can create the impression that a company is great to deal with when the truth may be different. For those situations we advise our members to contact each other privately. This protects our site and out posters. Please note that from a legal standpoint, Outdoors Directory is not responsible for the quality of the content in our forums. Our posters are. Nor are we liable for damages that might occur as a result of that content. Our posters are. So... a word to the wise: don't post something that could land you in court.

Nothing against anyone here at all. We're just trying to keep our site clean.

Thanks!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.

I guess I just don't understand. If you're washing your hands of any liability and placing it on the people making the posts, what's there to lose from honest accounts of bad dealings with local businesses? I'm all for private communications, but if you can't PM someone until you have X amount of posts, how's a casual browser supposed to do this? Ah, your business model is coming back to mind...

It's your site, do with it what you will, it just seems to create skewed images of certain businesses, if you ask me (but you didn't, so carry on)!

Quote Originally Posted by DucksAndDogs View Post
    I guess I just don't understand. If you're washing your hands of any liability and placing it on the people making the posts, what's there to lose from honest accounts of bad dealings with local businesses? I'm all for private communications, but if you can't PM someone until you have X amount of posts, how's a casual browser supposed to do this? Ah, your business model is coming back to mind...

It's your site, do with it what you will, it just seems to create skewed images of certain businesses, if you ask me (but you didn't, so carry on)!
    We're getting off track from the OP here, and I don't want to ping-pong this back and forth... Do a quick google search on "are forums protected from libel / defamation?" and you will find a whole slew of references. In short, we are protected by Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act of 1996, as the providers of the platform, however the individual posters are not protected. So I guess our members should be thanking us for keeping them in the clear. And no, we are not going to allow that immunity to turn our forums into a cesspool of negativity (and it would, if we took that path). Be that as it may, there are ways to discuss your negative experiences without dragging our forums into it. Use those. Our position is not going to change.

It's not about anyone's honesty. It's not about anyone washing their hands of anything. It's about trying to run a clean site, period. We've had this position for 17 years. We will maintain it. Clearly, it is working for most folks, as our traffic has doubled in the last four years, to over 7 million page-views a month. It's working. Let's not break it.

If anyone out there lacks the ability to send or receive private messages, by all means contact Icebear or Brian M. They can get you set up with that. It's a function of being a new member and we can override it. We have it turned on to protect our site from new account holders that would use the system to spam our members. We really put the hammer down on spammers last fall, however there are still a few sleeper accounts we are weeding out of the system.

Regards,

-Mike
    Last edited by Michael Strahan; 05-12-2013 at 15:53.

Mike,
    the road to hell is paved with good intentions. You may have extended the road just a touch today with your censorship of a fairly innocent conversation. Your a great guy (probably much better than me ) but from a free speech standpoint I disagree with almost everything you have said in your last post. That said, its your sandbox I'll try to follow the rules better when I play in it.

AOD - it's almost like real information, as long as you're wearing rose colored glasses.

I think I'll go talk to the guys at GC and get the real scoop on the boat. Not interested in buying it but just to see what is what. But if I was going to buy one, I would buy Killer Instinct's GC on Craigslist. That is a great deal and its ready to go. No B.S. there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

You guys should start your own forum so you don't have to put up with Mike and Brian's unreasonable "rose colored glasses" rules.

Some of us will just stay on this forum and enjoy all of the other posts that can live with the rules they have on their PRIVATE forum.

Wow. Nevermind. Thought this might be a good deal for someone out there looking to shave some time off a new GC. Got out of control. It's a shame you can't voice an opinion on a manufacturer without it getting deleted. I've seen plenty of negative press about other boats in this forum...makes you wonder. Just sayin'.

I see my post was deleted, so perhaps I owe the gate keepers an apology. My post was based solely on fact not speculation. Perhaps the better approach would have been to offer to share the information thru a PM. I understand the forum must manage their exposure, that said we are all references and a company gets to decide what type of reference we will be, good or bad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast