Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 25' XP 6.0 Fuel Test

Default 25' XP 6.0 Fuel Test

Just tested this boat yesterday. It should ship to Anchorage next week. Glen

I love the information. Thank you. If there was a MSRP on there I would have to quit dreaming.

Glen, some good numbers, any chance of "load testing/MPG" a XP?
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

That is going to be an awesome fishing/load hauling machine. Glen is the center console the same width as my XL, and will the boat be coming through Marita or is the customer picking it up? I would love to look at it up close. Thanks for sharing the information. Randy

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardC View Post
    I love the information. Thank you. If there was a MSRP on there I would have to quit dreaming.
    Seattle price: $66,408.00
    25' XP Inboard
    6.0 360HP Chev
    212 Hamilton
    7' bottom
    440 option
    100 gallon fuel tank
    Kicker bracket
    Dual batteries
    Stomp grate
    Upholstered motor cover
    Tandem axle galvanized trailer
    Disc brakes
    Torsion axle
    Slick bunks
    Spare tire

Quote Originally Posted by Akgramps View Post
    Glen, some good numbers, any chance of "load testing/MPG" a XP?
    I didn't do a load test on this boat. It will be a load hauler. Semi Vee hauls more weight than a deep Vee. This boat is a semi-Vee. More bottom area hauls more weight, like more wing on an airplane gets a load up easier. There are two ways to get bottom area: width and length. This boat has a 7' bottom and is 25' long. In a note I received years ago from an owner of a 25' Super Sport Drifter (7' bottom, 212, 3.4 impeller, 6.0)..."Our heaviest leg of the trip is from Galena to the Moose Camp: 301 Miles, leaving Galena, the boat easily carries more than 4,000lbs, which includes 485 gallons of gasoline, two men, gear and food for two weeks."

I hope this helps. Glen

Quote Originally Posted by XLSJ View Post
    That is going to be an awesome fishing/load hauling machine. Glen is the center console the same width as my XL, and will the boat be coming through Marita or is the customer picking it up? I would love to look at it up close. Thanks for sharing the information. Randy
    Randy, this console is a little wider than yours. This 25' XP and a 29' Pilot should both be in Anchorage at Marita mid next week. Glen

Thanks Glen, I'll stop by Marita and take a look!

I just met the owner the other day, turns out he lives just around the corner from me. I will get to go over the boat when it arrives in the neighborhood. Looks like I could load my Sportsman 6x6 in that with no problem.
    Seems like the newer 6.0 have a bit more pep than the older ones, the older engines could only turn a 3.4 impeller 4000 rpm.
    Comparing Ellamars boat test they did when it was new this one uses a bit more fuel and turns a couple hundred more rpm's on the top end.

The 25' XP will be back on Marita's lot for at least several weeks starting late afternoon Tuesday May 28th.
    In it's center console configuration with the engine at the transom there is 130 sf of open deck.

i dont see how this rig could even average 1 mpg when loaded for the Koyukuk. You are going to have to run at least 3,800 rpms to stay on step with 3,000/4,000 pounds in the boat.
    Nice rig, but its still a heavily loaded jet boat running flat out with 2 tons.

Quote Originally Posted by Money Pit View Post
    i dont see how this rig could even average 1 mpg when loaded for the Koyukuk. You are going to have to run at least 3,800 rpms to stay on step with 3,000/4,000 pounds in the boat.
    Nice rig, but its still a heavily loaded jet boat running flat out with 2 tons.
    http://www.wooldridgeboats.com/uploa...sdrifterib.pdf
    3725#, on step in a 23' at 2.07 MPG/30 MPH. I bet this rig would do a bit better with that big hull.
    Never wrestle with a pig.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

Dont see how, it is already using 1.77 mpg pretty empty when running 4,000 rpms. Add another 3,500 pounds and it will use a lot more fuel to push it and stay on step. Dont get me wrong, it is a nice looking boat but call it what it, and thats a gas hog fully loaded running flat out. Heck, it doesnt even come with a cheap canvas top.
    Nature of the beast, big, loaded jet boat carrying two tons is going to SUCK gas and there is no way around it.

Dont see how, it is already using 1.77 mpg pretty empty when running 4,000 rpms. Add another 3,500 pounds and it will use a lot more fuel to push it and stay on step. Dont get me wrong, it is a nice looking boat but call it what it, and thats a gas hog fully loaded running flat out. Heck, it doesnt even come with a cheap canvas top.
    Nature of the beast, big, loaded jet boat carrying two tons is going to SUCK gas and there is no way around it.
    No need to run it WOT.......

Its not a cheap boat by any stretch of the imagination, and if A guy was looking for economy, a big sea ark or alweld with a propped 200 honda would be hard to beat, but even a 200 honda at RPM will burn some fuel. I think these big IB's are surprisingly economical.
    They are not your fathers inboard jet boat.

Wide bottom like this will stay on step at a lower rpm, Heck the XP could probably haul 3500 pounds at 3500rpm, I speculate it would be traveling at close to 30 mph and getting 2.5mpg....... Not bad for a big roomy boat......if you can afford it.......
    TR

How can any boat get 2.6 mpg empty then you add another 3,500 or so and the fuel consumption drop to only 2.5?
    Sorry, isnt going to happen. Pretty easy to prove though all Glen needs to do is fill up the water jugs and report back. Been wrong before and freely admit I will be wrong again.
    How about it Glen?

Money Pit, what is your point? Yes a heavy weighted down jet boat is going to burn more fuel. Any boat regardless of the
    hull configuration or power distribution if heavily loaded will burn more fuel per hour. Yes, a outboard prop will be more fuel efficient but sometimes an outboard will only go so far upriver .......... hence, the birth of a jetboat! Makes every river longer and that is why we love them!

Was just responding to Glens comment about how much weight the boats carry when running up the Koyukuk: "In a note I received years ago from an owner of a 25' Super Sport Drifter (7' bottom, 212, 3.4 impeller, 6.0)..."Our heaviest leg of the trip is from Galena to the Moose Camp: 301 Miles, leaving Galena, the boat easily carries more than 4,000lbs, which includes 485 gallons of gasoline, two men, gear and food for two weeks."
    My point was to have some actual data posted about the fuel consumption when fully loaded. Anyone can test a boat empty. Sorry to offend but people should know what they are getting into. $75K for an open skiff boat by the time you get it to Anchorage and add just the most basic electronics is a lot of coin.

Was just responding to Glens comment about how much weight the boats carry when running up the Koyukuk: "In a note I received years ago from an owner of a 25' Super Sport Drifter (7' bottom, 212, 3.4 impeller, 6.0)..."Our heaviest leg of the trip is from Galena to the Moose Camp: 301 Miles, leaving Galena, the boat easily carries more than 4,000lbs, which includes 485 gallons of gasoline, two men, gear and food for two weeks."
    My point was to have some actual data posted about the fuel consumption when fully loaded. Anyone can test a boat empty. Sorry to offend but people should know what they are getting into. $75K for an open skiff boat by the time you get it to Anchorage and add just the most basic electronics is a lot of coin.
    Yeah, I agree, it is a lot coin, as much as I want one its outta my league, I still dont think the fuel numbers are that bad, for that type of boat.
    A big OB can burn 18 plus GPH if you have a big load. And then if ya need a jet when you get there......? carry a pump, have a lift......

Thats what I have to do, and it works, but I would give up some economy to haul that kinda load in comfort......My 20 footer will get 5.5 mpg w/prop and will carry 1/2 the load.....its a two person rig and you better be traveling light............

Wooldridge is one of the few boat companies that do actually test boats loaded........maybe not every model, but quite a few.
    What do you suggest for making the Ki-ykuk run?
    TR

What do I suggest? Mixed bag for sure after having about 20 trips under my belt. Best economy was always obtained with a outboard prop. But the jet has uses as well. Worse economy is always with an inboard jet. The best jet boat we ever ran up there was a 28 footer with twin inboards. With three guys and close to 500 gallons of gas on board it averaged 1.3 mpg for both engines combined. Engines were 350's.

The best jet boat we ever ran up there was a 28 footer with twin inboards. With three guys and close to 500 gallons of gas on board it averaged 1.3 mpg for both engines combined. Engines were 350's.
    Jeez MP, after running a boat with twin V-8 jets and claim it was the best boat, it seems odd to be so critical of a 23 foot boat that would get better fuel milage than 1.3 MPG...... jus wondering.....
    TR

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast