Thread: Coax Routing

Default Coax Routing

I installed a windshield on my skiff and that requires me to move my radio. I was wondering about coax routing. I have the suggested 36" between the radio and antenna but the coax is routed along the inside roof of the cuddy cabin and passes about 4" behind my gps. Is this a problem? If so, I can route it close to the floor without any grief...but if it is ok, I'd just leave it as is. I've only had the boat in the water twice and picked up weather just fine but I have not tried to transmit. Thanks.

The vhf radio/ coax will not cause any problems with the GPS. Just be sure to seal the connector at the antenna.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    The vhf radio/ coax will not cause any problems with the GPS. Just be sure to seal the connector at the antenna.
    Thanks, MacGyver. I have a little tube of lithium grease...will that work to seal the connector? If not, what product would you suggest?

Dielectric grease is good stuff... or if you have a friend who works in the Oilfield DowCorning 111 is probably the best stuff in the world for that. Dielectric grease can be found at most any auto store in a little tube. Reminds me I need to buy some more.

John
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Yippee! I've got a tube of dielectric grease. Thanks, John.