Thread: Mid Range Prone @ Fort Rich this weekend

Default Mid Range Prone @ Fort Rich this weekend

Pleaselet me know if you are coming. Because the number of High Power shootershas been so small we barely have enough to meet the Army requirements run therange. We need a minimum of 9 shooters. I also need a volunteer togo to Birchwood and get the trailer before the match and take it backafterwords.

NRA Mid-Range Prone Rifle Match

SATURDAY,MAY 11, 2013
    ENTRY FEE:$20

The Alaska Rifle Club will hold a NRA Mid-Range Prone match on Saturday,May 11 at the Joint Base Elmendor-Richardson's Pedneau Range. Sign up time willbe 8AM to 8:30AM. This will be a 60 shot for record match with unlimitedsighters. The match fee will be $20.00 for annual ARC members or $25.00for one day members. Open chamber indicators will be required and will beavailable for $1 each. I have attached the Match Program.

There will be 20 shots for record at 300, 500, and 600 yards all slow fireprone plus sighters. For the mid-range prone category you must shoot off asling but you can use a scope or "Any Sights". F class-Open userests & F-TR use bipods.

The Black Powder Cartridge shooters are invited too. We set up the matchso that Black Powder Target Rifle shooters' score will count forclassification. All the disciplines have a mid-range format and this makes fora good multi-discipline match.

Everyone is required to sign up in the parking lot adjacent toPedneau. I have attached the Hold Harmless form that the Army isrequiring everyone to sign. Please print one for yourself and bringit. You only have to sign it once for the year and the club keeps them.

The Army has tightened the rules on bringing firearms onto the base. Because Pedneau is not on the main base, we do not have to worry aboutthem. If you go through the main gate you must register all firearms.

The Army range control has taken a firm stand on range rules. There will be nopersonal vehicles other than the emergency designated vehicle on the Range. So,either you have to carry your equipment or put it in the emergency vehicle.

This mailing is for members ofthe Alaska Rifle Club and other interested parties. We do not share our memberaddresses with anyone! Your address is only utilized for communicationsfrom the ARC.
    Ifyou would prefer not to receive our e-mails in the future, please reply withthe word “Un-Subscribe” in the subject line.

Hope to see you there!

-- Mark FriestPresidentAlaska Rifle Clubpresident@akrifleclub.com907-333-8199

trigger time vice keyboard shooting, what could be the downside? come shoot you learn how to adjust for wind and mirage

Enough people said that they were coming so the Match isa go. We may see some BPTR people.

Now all we need is for someone to haul the trailer.

See you Saturday,

Mark Friest
    Alaska Rifle Club