Thread: Hope area question

Default Hope area question

How's the snow level in Hope? I'm looking at heading down this weekend. Lol now that my canoe trip is a no go.

The pass still had lots of snow yesterday. I didn't drive down the Hope Rd but I imagine conditions are similiar.

I would suggest go someplace else. I drove into Hope City today and the snow in the City is about 8" to 10"

NOW from the cut-off to LOVELY Downtown "Sunrise" about 12" to 15" of old rotten snow at the roadside. The "Snot'ball is the hillsides are avalanche'ittis. The bears are off the hillside for the most part. First light is 4:40AM I think your only luck would be electronic Predator Call starting at 4:15AM till about 7:AM. Resturants are closed.

There are active Bait Stations all along the Main Powerline, You might call a bear "OFF" of someones Bait Station. My best advise is stay off the hillsides, or die. I go down to the beach about every other day and I have not seen a track on the beach.

Downtown "Sunrise City", Alaska located mile 7.3 to 8.8 Hope International Speedway (aka Hope Road).

I saw a picture today of about half a mile of mountain side in the turnagain area that slid off on Sunday, I would be VERY careful up there the next few days, check in the the avalanche center. Not worth dying over a bear, i'd give it at least until the weekend, maybe longer before I got on a mountain.

Thanks I will certainly give it some time.