Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's fishing Kings off Deep Creek?

Default Who's fishing Kings off Deep Creek?

well, the tractor is operating so the guides must be fishing. Any luck?

Three of us at different times tried Whiskey Gulch off a kayak this weekend One king hooked, several small halibut landed. The other guys saw a few landed by powerboats. I saw very little as in zero activity of bait on sonar though I did see a pod of humpbacks tight off shore,

I only managed a flounder and Irish lord. I was disappointed at the lack of action even from the lesser species like cod. Maybe they are late or I was just unlucky.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Herring are running good along Clam Gulch right now ....... so, there's plenty of bait fish for kings.

Quote Originally Posted by cormit View Post
    Herring are running good along Clam Gulch right now ....... so, there's plenty of bait fish for kings.
    Great! May have to try further north. Did notice a guy on the road with a herring for sale sign. My sonar was working since I could see my gear but was amazed how empty the water looked.

Gives me more hope! Great info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charterboat Operator

[QUOTE=Kardinal_84;1279909]Three of us at different times tried Whiskey Gulch off a kayak this weekend One king hooked, several small halibut landed. The other guys saw a few landed by powerboats. I saw very little as in zero activity of bait on sonar though I did see a pod of humpbacks tight off shore,

I only managed a flounder and Irish lord. I was disappointed at the lack of action even from the lesser species like cod. Maybe they are late or I was just unlucky.

was wondering if you were out, went by two of you nuts and neither were you.
    there were only 2 of us launched out of Anchor on Sat, and 4 on Sunday, a heated cabin is MUCH better than bieng a crazy kayaker! (though watching them land in the 3-4 surf on Sunday did provide a little entertainment between wresteling matches)
    wink wink

Charterboat Operator

Roland, still slow, fish here and there, but you gotta work for em and cold to boot. Dont think my Webasto shut off all weekend. Definitly not time for the skiff yet.

Quote Originally Posted by POLE BENDER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kardinal_84 View Post
    Three of us at different times tried Whiskey Gulch off a kayak this weekend One king hooked, several small halibut landed. The other guys saw a few landed by powerboats. I saw very little as in zero activity of bait on sonar though I did see a pod of humpbacks tight off shore,

was wondering if you were out, went by two of you nuts and neither were you.
    there were only 2 of us launched out of Anchor on Sat, and 4 on Sunday, a heated cabin is MUCH better than bieng a crazy kayaker! (though watching them land in the 3-4 surf on Sunday did provide a little entertainment between wresteling matches)
    wink wink
    Lol. You ran into Matt and Andy the two guys I fished the winter King derby with. They had one good take down and they each landed a small halbut. I didn't show up until about 4pm Sunday. Our group is planning a get together May 18 & 19 at Whiskey Gulch. Just got another kayak, same as mine for the fiancee. So that gives me twice the available time on the water! hopefully she doesn't outfish me! But to insure she doesn't, I got her an outrigger, a sail kit, and a nice camera. That way I...oops, "we" can be out on the water more! WITH the added bonus of less of a chance of being outfished by the signficant other!! lol. It doesn't matter what I do, she will outfish me anyways!

I figured that was you out there polebender. Cruise by next time and give a wave! And maybe some intel !

Charterboat Operator

Quote Originally Posted by rimfirematt View Post
    I figured that was you out there polebender. Cruise by next time and give a wave! And maybe some intel !
    hey, i have a 10 foot sign on the side of my boat, shout out, most of you nuts look the same in your dry suits hats and lifejackets, except for Rudy of course, you can see his stealthy self from 75 yards away! J K
    like wise on the intel, or call me if you have your cell phone out there, RUDY has my number.

Will do! You will be able to pick me out no problem this summer. I have a new trimaran sailing kayak on the way!

Quote Originally Posted by POLE BENDER View Post
    hey, i have a 10 foot sign on the side of my boat, shout out, most of you nuts look the same in your dry suits hats and lifejackets, except for Rudy of course, you can see his stealthy self from 75 yards away! J K
    like wise on the intel, or call me if you have your cell phone out there, RUDY has my number.
    Lol. We will be out there every weekend weather allows in May! I should be easier to spot. Picked up a second Hobie Outback in that gaudy bright yellow color so I could keep a better eye on my partner.

I'm tellin ya polebender, you gotta try it. It's all the great things about fishing mixed in with a little rodeo when you hook a decent one! 99% of the time you are overheating, not cold!

One of these days, I should book with you when you have a more relaxed charter if there is such a thing. I want to try a few video things. You should let me know when you have an open seat or two. I still need to rig up some equipment though. See ya on the water!!

Charterboat Operator

[QUOTE=Kardinal_84;1280215]Lol. We will be out there every weekend weather allows in May! I should be easier to spot. Picked up a second Hobie Outback in that gaudy bright yellow color so I could keep a better eye on my partner.

I'm tellin ya polebender, you gotta try it. It's all the great things about fishing mixed in with a little rodeo when you hook a decent one! 99% of the time you are overheating, not cold!

Rudy, if i can find an opening you are welcome to come out, no charge, it would be fun for you to step out and wave at your gang, in your tee shirt, sipping baileys and coffee. you might have to wear an aloha shirt as the webasto in the cabin keeps it around 70!
    if i hadn't got rid of my dry suit i would think about trying it, does look like a lot of fun.
    My son is wanting to use the 9' inflatable with the 2 horse yammy to catch one, kind of like putting a blender on a cork!!

Lol. I'm in!!!

My primary reason I want to get out on a power boat is to try a few new camera shots. I'm also working on a downrigger camera mount with a little different aspect.

So yah, if you have an opening, let me know. I'll swap you footage and such. Keep in mind it's just gopros and such. It's not going to be professional footage. But it's be fun!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kardinal_84 View Post
    Lol. I'm in!!!

My primary reason I want to get out on a power boat is to try a few new camera shots. I'm also working on a downrigger camera mount with a little different aspect.

So yah, if you have an opening, let me know. I'll swap you footage and such. Keep in mind it's just gopros and such. It's not going to be professional footage. But it's be fun!!!!

You working on an underwater down rigger mount? Would love to see that.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by JR2 View Post
    You working on an underwater down rigger mount? Would love to see that.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    I am. But there are dozens of examples already out there. I need to tweak a few to enable it to get some "better" footage. I think kings will be tough. But hoping to get cohos and halibut on tape.

FYI......navigational hazard near Stariski Creek in the Cook Inlet is a drilling platform offshore approx. 3 miles; COSMO #1.
    The Lat/Lon co-ordinates are:
    N 59 53.21
    W 151 52.97

No excuse for running into it now. Good fishing and let's hope the kings show up this season.

Charterboat Operator

2013-04-26_21-56-19_737.jpg
    going hard to not hit this monster! a 120' tug that is there almost every day, looks like a zodiak pulling up to it, when a helicopter lands on it, the helo loks like a mosquito!!
    kind of looks like a christmas tree at night when it is dark
    and yes it is my new front yard ornament! hope it does not stay there forever, but it does pose a few hours of beverage sipping
    " what the heck are they doing now" questions!

I would expect to see them there until the ice comes back, I don't think they have even started drilling yet... And knowing what I know about the whole operation I would expect them to have lots of problems.

Sent from my phone while I should be working.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sounds like a ten year project as of now. Have to get that gas for Homer

What an eye sore.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast