Thread: Beginner Photography! This stuff is fun!

Default Beginner Photography! This stuff is fun!

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post

I sure like the light and the sense of expanse in this one. My favorite in the set. Congrats.
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

Just finished a two month photography class myself..Are those raw pics or after ohotoshop or lightroom?

ice shots..it only gets better from here on out. Enjoy
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Oh yeah, straight out of the camera... Nah, I'm having fun in LR for sure. Lots to learn both behind the camera and running a mouse as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Duckhunter01 View Post
    Just finished a two month photography class myself
    Any details on the class?

Shot ya a PM..but class covered all the buttons on these fancy cameras, how and when to use them, grey card shots, AWB and how to use them, night shots/long exposure, portraits, shutter speed, etc...Lightroom 4 and a few other things.
    Great class by a great photographer.
    Looking forward to fine tuning the skills over time.
    What is funny is how 99% of the pictures we see have been manipulated to a degree. It doesn't take away from the fact that we captured a great shot, bit the old days are definently behind us now with the programs out there.

Very nice knowing how to produce quality material now and enhance the already great shots.
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Duckhunter01.....where did you take your photography classes? Are they expensive?

Same question.. Would like to better know how to capture memories and edit photos.. Thanks!

I purchased a Nikon D5100 last year and still have not taken the time to learn/use it any better than in the most fundamental fashion, then I recieved a great catalouge in the mail the other day and ordered this http://www.thegreatcourses.com/tgc/c....aspx?cid=7901 . I suggest giving the catalouge a look over.

Can you PM me info on the class as well?

Several years ago I started to share photos I took with family members, these were all enhanced with various photoshop software....very impressive results I thought. Brother-in-law got miffed at me because he could not take such a photo....he refused to use PS, and actually started to make negative comments towards my photos. Easy for me to fix....I cut him off the distribution.

I welcome any and all enhancement techniques...it brings out the creativity in a person. I use PS Elements as my base program, and have added a suite of add on applications from Topaz (check these out on line). Shoot and then shoot some more!!

Even better then going and sitting in any class room is getting behind the lens. Taking pictures and then setting your camera to a priority mode(Shutter or aperture mode) and taking pictures using long/short shutters to see the differences in both. Smaller or larger aperture's learning to notice whats going to focus and what is going to blur it will help when you go to look at others photos to get a feel for what they are using. Youtube as a insane amount of information on it and best of all. Free.

yeh, check out Mike Brown on you tube, this english chap does a great job and has a whole series of videos.
    "f/64 and be there"

oops, spelled Browne
    "f/64 and be there"