Thread: Camp Chair Target

Default Camp Chair Target

Attachment 70400Don't throw away that camp chair with broken pins or ripped cover! Use it for a target stand!

Here's what you will need:
    - one old camp chair with frame in hood condition
    - some tubing with an ID of about 3/4"
    - a foam puzzle mat square or other hi-density foam like yoga mat, fatigue pad, etc.
    - some zip-ties
    - a wight if some kind (I used a trolling cannon ball)
    - a stout for or tube to support the weight
    - a small bungie to hook the weightl to the support rod

First cut and rip off the old fabric seat. Next, cut off the arm rest support tubing right above the joint (not the back uprights!).
    Now you will need to cut a piece of your foam so that it is about 1/2" narrower than the space between the two uprights. Test fit it, then zip-tie a 10-12" section of tubing to each side of the foam and make sure the unit slides down easily over the uprights when completely unfolded.

Now that the target itself is done, you need to make it so it can't blow over. This is accomplished by cutting a stick, rod or tube to a length that bridges the intersection of chair tubes where they meet to become feet. both ends should rest in the "Vs" of these intersections. In the middle of the support stick tie a small bungie that can be hooked to your weight such as a small sand bag, or a trolling ball like I used. Now you are ready to go shoot!

We found out that the beauty of the foam matts is that they are largely self-healing. You can fire dozens and dozens of shots throughout them before they get too scruffy and need to be replaced. Probably hundreds and hundreds of shots with a .22 caliber, but less with a large bore.
    Attachment 70397

I meant "... frame in Good condition" not hood. Drats! But maybe you could find one in the hood.

Alaskans recycle everything for sure and thats a good use.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you