Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Copper River | Chitina Dipnet Fishery Escapement Charts Site Changes

Default Copper River | Chitina Dipnet Fishery Escapement Charts Site Changes

This year I seriously considered a subscription-based site, like 5 or 10 for the season, and started making one, but, what the heck...I'll do it one more year for free.

I broke up the previous ridiculously long page into separate pages with the same header/footer look. That way you won't have to wait for all the weather stuff to load if you're only interested in the Daily Escapement charts.

The other thing, though, with all the madness going on with the Kenai/Kasilof P/U fisheries, maybe more and more people will be heading to the Copper and trashing it over there, too. In that case, I think I'll consider retiring the site after this season.

Noooooooo...You do such a good job with your sight, there has to be an alternative

As a long time copper dipnetter and a recent Kenai participant I give you a wholehearted thanks for your website. It is invaluable. I am sure it takes a lot of time on your end to keep it current so if it goes to a fee I certainly understand.

Historical river level data

Near the bridge

O'Brien Creek

pics no worky

O'Brien Creek

Near Chitina

Daily Escapement is now broken up into 3 separate pages: Daily numbers in calendar format; Daily numbers in historical perspective, and the Eyak fishwheel counts in chart form.

Here's hoping that USFWS has funding to keep the research going, as ultimately, those numbers are the most predictive as to what you'll find in the canyon on short notice.

Default I'd Pay

Gr8tfl,

I'd be happy to kick a 5 or 10, or even 20! your way every season for the work you do. I've been using your site 4 years now, and have found the combination of current and historical data invaluable!

First commercial opening is Thursday for 12 hours. Should be interesting to see how they do.

Quote Originally Posted by coho slayer View Post
    First commercial opening is Thursday for 12 hours. Should be interesting to see how they do.

ADF&G News Release pdf is here. Wishing there was an RSS feed I could include on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by gr8fl View Post
    ...Wishing there was an RSS feed I could include on the site.
    ...d-uhhhhh...http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=rss.main

Spoke before I looked...

Included an rss feed for the Copper Commercial news releases on the Schedule and EO page. No such feed exists at this time for P/U.

Can't find any sign of what the harvest was from the opening. I know a lot of boats didn't fish because of rough weather, so the harvest report may not give much information that will be of any use. If I could just find what it was, I'd be happy.....

KTUU reported 735 kings and 75K+ Reds.

Can't find any sign of what the harvest was from the opening. I know a lot of boats didn't fish because of rough weather, so the harvest report may not give much information that will be of any use. If I could just find what it was, I'd be happy.....

Any idea when ADFG/AOJ & the dipnetters the website will start tallying counts for the Miles Lake sonar?
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Any idea when ADFG/AOJ & the dipnetters the website will start tallying counts for the Miles Lake sonar?
    As soon as possible. I believe F&G is in place already. It's just a matter of getting it all up and running. I suspect the late spring has added some challenges.

Here's the actual KTUU link to the video with the numbers.
    http://www.ktuu.com/videogallery/759...rt-May-17#gl-2

Looks like the counter might be in. There are no fish numbers yet, but it has yesterday as a starting date.

Direct link: http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/sf/FishCo...=420&YEAR=2013

Man this is gonna suck if the sonar misses count on a big run lol
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Looks like the counter might be in. There are no fish numbers yet, but it has yesterday as a starting date.

Direct link: http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/sf/FishCo...=420&YEAR=2013
    I think the webmaster is just getting the page ready at this point.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast