Thread: Seward shore fishing help

Default Seward shore fishing help

So getting away in Seward this weekend. Curious what's the best place to fish from shore and for what with what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Surfcaster Extraordinaire (Personal Records)
    Sand Shark 5'2" 68lbs
    Halibut 128lbs
    Musky 42" 18lbs

Army.... I got a couple for U. On the road out to millers landing, with the mt to your right, when u get about a block or so from the big (blue?) building that works on/stores boats, the rd makes a slight bend towards the water to get around a bit of a pt of the hill that sticks out. There use to be a bit of extra room on seaside of the rd. Maybe enough for two cars. Right where that pt of land sticks out were a couple pretty nice big rocks to stand on. The water gets deep there real fast. I used to cast big rubber tail jigs out there and catch rockfish this time of year. I've tried several places along the rd but that spot was by far best. Water this time of yr is real clear. This time of yr I would get antcy like you to get fishing. You should see a trickle of water coming down the mt and thru the smallish culvert under the rd about a block farther down the rd if u are in the right spot. At the spot to fish from look carefully for the slight but distinct outcropping that juts into the rdway. ( there were 2 of them if I recall correctly) and this was the second one (like I said about 2 blocks from that big building.)
    the jigs were big 'swim tails' that we used to use for redfish in Tx.
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

Another one, but it might be a bit early with this late spring...... Millers Landing beach. The dollies should be dropping out of preachers pond, grouse lake, etc about now. If the creeks are flowing in town, u can be sure some dollies are cruising the ocean shorelines. Go past all the homes along the beach to the right of millers and park if u can right down in that corner. ( sometimes I'd park right on the beach there.) Cast 'castmasters', spinners, or smallish daredevil type lures at hi tide. If the water is calm, sometimes u will see em chasing sand lance. Like I say, might be a bit early but if the creeks are open/flowing the dollies will be hungry in the salt.
    Let me know how u do And pm me if u need more details. Good luck.
    Oh, and one more thing.... I knew some guys that dead fished off the end of millers landing beach and landed about 3 big (24-27 inch) salt water dollies one spring day. Can't rmmbr if they used roe, herring or what. But just tossed it out far as they could with just enough weight to keep it down on bottom. Like surf cast for Butts. Something to think about.

Thanks a lot to you both.

Sand Shark 5'2" 68lbs
    Halibut 128lbs
    Musky 42" 18lbs

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyFishboy View Post
    Thanks a lot to you both.
    Dang! One side of me says Armyboy thinks I'm two faced, and one of the other parts of me gives him substantial credit for his intuitive nature!

Haha just noticed you posted both

Sand Shark 5'2" 68lbs
    Halibut 128lbs
    Musky 42" 18lbs