Thread: Trails near wickersham dome

Default Trails near wickersham dome

There are some atv trails on the west side of the road at wickersham dome i want to get out to ride them but there is still 3 feet of snow up there i happened to be in the area this week. How far do those trails go i have been told there are more trails than what you can see with topo maps and imagery. Where do they go and how long. Any information would be great trying to get some nide weekend long rides in this summer.
    Trying to play enough to make working for the money all worth it.

That trail does a jog on the pipeline. You can see it from the air, you have to run the pipeline to get to the other side of the trail. The trail continues down the ridge above the river valley. Before you get to the Chatanika, the trail takes a right and heads down into the valley. Bear Baiters may have sets out there so be on the lookout.....

Quote Originally Posted by pipercub View Post
    That trail does a jog on the pipeline. You can see it from the air, you have to run the pipeline to get to the other side of the trail. The trail continues down the ridge above the river valley. Before you get to the Chatanika, the trail takes a right and heads down into the valley. Bear Baiters may have sets out there so be on the lookout.....
    adding to this... going north and northwest on the pipeline and associated trails from the pullout near Wickersham dome the pucker factor increases quickly. The hills get steep!
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74