Thread: Colt 357 Trooper

Eagle River

Default Colt 357 Trooper

My father (Jack in Alaska on here) has a Colt 357 Trooper that he is considering selling. He is trying to figure out how much its worth and I was wondering if anyone on here has any input on it. The SN 63XXX put it in the 1967-68 range (different answers from different websites). Its in very nice condition and has had an estimated 100 rounds run thru it since it was new. I looked on gunbrokers and a few other sites and there are very few original Troopers listed. Lots of the later models though. So what can you all tell me. From the few I found $650 seems to be a reasonable price but maybe i am missing something.

The photo below is the best I have right now, should get some better photos tomorrow.

2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Seems high, but I'm not up on current prices. When new "back in the day" the troopers sold for somewhere between 1/2 and 2/3 the price of Pythons, but that may have little relevance today.

Fwiw, I got a 6" trooper 357 like new with box/paper work a year ago at a gun show for $500.