Thread: Meat Wagon by Karolds Welding??

Default Meat Wagon by Karolds Welding??

Does anybody happen to have any experience with that meat wagon? There made in fairbanks, aluminum, and has a walking axle. No pics or website. I've seen them, they look nice, and I know he does top notch work. Just looking for opinions to help me spend my coin! Thanks

Get a Pac-Rat for the money you cant go wrong.

The Pac-Rat is very nice. I don't care for the walking beam axle design they use which has much less articulation or travel as compared to other designs.

Default Karold's Welding Meat Wagon

In case anyone's interested, here are some pictures of the meat wagon made by Karold's Welding in Fairbanks. As you can see, it's aluminum, including the 1/4" thick tongue. He angled the walking beam axle down to provide additional clearance. You can see the square tubing on the side of the tub that acts as a stop to limit axle travel so the tires don't rub on the tub. It only has 22" tall tires - wish it had 25's. It's 5 ft long. I bought this trailer slightly used and the last I knew Karold wanted about $2,150 for these trailers. Although I don't know how much it weights, two of us lifted it in the back of a pickup w/o much effort, so it's really pretty light. Hope it guarantee's a 60" bull this fall!
    Attached Images Attached Images

a few more pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

The only thing I could add is to add some kind of padding to the contact points for the fuel jug. Friends of mine had a similar set up on a trailer and found their fuel can rubbed through after a summer of use. Long hike back once they found themselves out of fuel.

Can't go wrong with the walking beam axle. Husky Manufacturing in the valley makes a good meat trailer if you are in the Anchorage Bowl or MatSu area. They are not cheap but much better than Bosski trailers. I have both 1 Husky double axel, 1 single and a double axel Bosski. Husky trailers are all aluminum including the frame and tongue. That was a weak point on mine and I had him go to a heavier gauge for the tongue for the double and I inserted steel square stock in the tongue of the single. I hunt hard rough areas. The tongue on the Bosski also rounded out the bolt attach points and we had to have the tongues rewelded again of stronger thicker stuff.