Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kenai Brown Bear Spottings?

Default Kenai Brown Bear Spottings?

I am headed out tomorrow evening with a friend for the weekend. Going to be looking for Kenai Browns, as he has the tag. Any body have any recent sightings that would be of help?

If someone knows of a bear den, I would love to let the 10mm sing a tune. We both have one, so he can double fist into it
    Grab a friend, a rifle and go hunt.

Ill be out and about this weekend...
    Pm sent

Bring Rain Gear & Large Snow Shoes & warm Hip boots. Good luck to everyone. It is raining and the snow slides are abundant.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Bring Rain Gear & Large Snow Shoes & warm Hipboots. Good luck to everyone.
    Funny but true... Just had this conversation with someone.... Very strange spring...

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    Ill be out and about this weekend...
    Pm sent
    If you decide to come all the way down here this weekend and want to swing by, let me know......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

I didn't see any bear sign last weekend in the mountains or yesterday in the flats. About 3-4' of snow in the mountains last friday, 0-3' in the flats last night.

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    If you decide to come all the way down here this weekend and want to swing by, let me know......

Hey! Where's my invite!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by limon32 View Post
    I didn't see any bear sign last weekend in the mountains or yesterday in the flats. About 3-4' of snow in the mountains last friday, 0-3' in the flats last night.
    HMMMM. Hopefully the rain pushes em out and we get lucky

will do...

Quote Originally Posted by HuntAK59 View Post
    Hey! Where's my invite!?!?!?
    careful he is one of those penninsula folks...little different if you know what I mean...

JK of course for those who take offense

Spotted one last Saturday appeared to have just popped out of it's den. I doubt he's there now but the F&G officer I ran into tried to turn me on to two more that he'd seen the day before. The bear I saw was about halfway up the mountain, very doable if a person was willing to put in the effort. It would have required a decent walk and some climbing but doable. Feel free to PM me for details if you want but you've got good opportunity wherever look.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    ...little different if you know what I mean...

Different in a good way of course............yeah right...!!!...... ......lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Scar View Post
    Spotted one last Saturday appeared to have just popped out of it's den. I doubt he's there now but the F&G officer I ran into tried to turn me on to two more that he'd seen the day before. The bear I saw was about halfway up the mountain, very doable if a person was willing to put in the effort. It would have required a decent walk and some climbing but doable. Feel free to PM me for details if you want but you've got good opportunity wherever look.
    If he's lucky maybe his buddy has the tag for that area, as he didn't say which one. Ya know there is a couple different ones down here.....

I'd like to see somebody go after one of em or at least tag out on one of the 2-3 that live on the Peninsula. I hear that one of them is pretty good sized....

59, dude go to where the buddy and I saw tracks, put some miles on the shoes. Might be tricky to cross the river though. He has an idea of there another was spotted too. Was gonna suggest showing him the pullout that i believe leads down to the mouth of 6 mile. Ya know, where it's really really steep and we have stopped there a few times. About where that one brownie ran in front of us in fall of '11.

Everyone else, the permit is good from basically kenai lake and back to Hope and through turnagain pass, not sure how far it goes towards Seward. Oh these two buddies are willing to put in the effort! The tag holder has already put in a lot of time and effort this spring and last fall. Seen tracks, just the not brownie still in them yet!

Quote Originally Posted by akrstabout View Post
    Everyone else, the permit is good from basically kenai lake and back to Hope and through turnagain pass, not sure how far it goes towards Seward.
    Well, that leaves this guy out, who, as far as I know was still alive and well by the end of last season down in 309....

Not sure if this is the same bear but I am pretty sure he is still around. Been seeing him for about four years. Hopefully next year we can thin them out down here. A lot of pope and young browns will be taken if they open it up for baiting. Down near funny river and haven't seen any tracks to speek of yet.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367655417.985926.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1367655444.154363.jpg

Well, that leaves this guy out, who, as far as I know was still alive and well by the end of last season down in 309....

Very cool picture, thanks for sharing!

bump to the top

I just jumped a solid nine footer on the Hope Road (Well not on the road but a 1/4 mile off)........He is going bait station to bait station to bait station. Seen a smaller seven foot Brown Bear on the beach at noon today also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast