Thread: Lingcod/halibut jigs on craigs

Default Lingcod/halibut jigs on craigs

Not mine, just found it on craigs while surfing.
    Lingcod or halibut jigs for sale:
    http://anchorage.craigslist.org/spo/3773528050.html
    BK

Smoking deal if it's true.

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

Yes I was just in Homer and the Gear Shed had the same thing for $8.50
    They can't be making much money on that especially with their shipping prices.
    I notice it is not an AK phone # so I would be cautious.
    I have the mold for those myself and i wouldn't sell them that cheap unless it was to a friend or family. Granted I like to add powder paint to mine and these are plain lead heads.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Based on the phone number, it's someone down here in Seattle. He's probably using the USPS flat rate shipping where you can send one of their boxes for a flat rate regardless of weight as long as your stuff fits in the box. Still good to be cautious though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fin Chaser View Post
    Based on the phone number, it's someone down here in Seattle. He's probably using the USPS flat rate shipping where you can send one of their boxes for a flat rate regardless of weight as long as your stuff fits in the box. Still good to be cautious though.
    I use USPS flat rate all the time. The small box is $5.80 and only holds probably 6 or so 24oz bullet heads. So the statement of being able to order 100 for the same $5.50 in shipping has me wondering how they can do it for that price.

Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    I use USPS flat rate all the time. The small box is $5.80 and only holds probably 6 or so 24oz bullet heads. So the statement of being able to order 100 for the same $5.50 in shipping has me wondering how they can do it for that price.
    I agree, that does sound a little odd.

Ebay supplements shipping cost, that is why the shipping is so low. I ordered a few from him on ebay so I will let you know how it turns out. His feedback is 100% with no negative comments.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

I talked to Mike tonight and he sounds like a pretty good guy so I went out to EBay to place an order. Now if I could only find a good deal on 16 oz Crippled herring.

Thanks for the post.

Quote Originally Posted by crossdaak1 View Post
    I talked to Mike tonight and he sounds like a pretty good guy so I went out to EBay to place an order. Now if I could only find a good deal on 16 oz Crippled herring.

Thanks for the post.
    When my new mold comes in I will have a similiar jig in 16oz and 20 oz. Just like my Cook Inlet Candy Jig but smaller.
    I can let you know when I get some made and maybe we can work out a deal maybe a trade or something?
    If you are interested let me know. My email is Roust-a-boutlures@hotmail.com

If a guy has a big stash of lead, and a bunch of time, he could make money on that deal.. I bet that the guys who sell wholesale to the places charging 8.50 only get 4.50. He's just going straight to the customer. Flat rate shipping is a game changer for shipping smaller, heavier stuff. I don't think they have a weight limit on those boxes.

For domestic shipping there is an70# limit, which only comes on to play with the larger flat rate boxes. Intl is where the weight limit is an issue with flat rate boxes
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

For $5 a 24oz jig plus shipping, I'd be happy to make up as many as you guys need! I can also make up 28 and 32oz jigs as well among my dozens of other molds...And since I'm located up in Fairbanks, I don't get to fish on the big water as much as I would like, I'd also be open some trades to get me out fishing!

Quote Originally Posted by pk_in_ak View Post
    For $5 a 24oz jig plus shipping, I'd be happy to make up as many as you guys need! I can also make up 28 and 32oz jigs as well among my dozens of other molds...And since I'm located up in Fairbanks, I don't get to fish on the big water as much as I would like, I'd also be open some trades to get me out fishing!
    Start cranking them out...I'm sure some charter guys here would love to stock up with some bulk orders for the right price.

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff