Thread: Wide hip waders

Tupper Lake, NEW YORK IN THE CENTER OF THE ADIRONDACK MTS.

Default Wide hip waders

Does anyone know of ANY company that makes or sells a Wide or Extra Wide sized hip wader??? There has to be many people that require this width in their waders. I hope someone knows a good outlet for this type of boot as I am going back to Alaska for brown bear in 2014 and my outfitter is adamant that I have hip boots----not Neos or that type as we may have to do considerable walking. If nobody on this site( the very most knowledgeable Alaskan source) knows of a wide hip boot then I think I may be in pain on my upcoming hunt!!! Please help.!THANKS!!!!

Do you mean wide in the boot portion like an E or EE width or wide in the leg (hip portion?)

If I were you, I'd go with waders - either waist or chest waders. There may be more choices for width in a wading shoe. the waders will pay off, the first time you have to sit on the ground or on a boat/raft seat.
    You might consider reposting on either the Fresh Water or Fly Fishing forums, also.

I have a pair of wide waders and they are from Cabelas, the alaskan guide series model... Excellent boots really comfy well as comfy as waders can be, not sure if they still make these boots or not but a place to start at least.... Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by alottabs View Post
    Does anyone know of ANY company that makes or sells a Wide or Extra Wide sized hip wader??? There has to be many people that require this width in their waders. I hope someone knows a good outlet for this type of boot as I am going back to Alaska for brown bear in 2014 and my outfitter is adamant that I have hip boots----not Neos or that type as we may have to do considerable walking. If nobody on this site( the very most knowledgeable Alaskan source) knows of a wide hip boot then I think I may be in pain on my upcoming hunt!!! Please help.!THANKS!!!!
    I have a pair of NEOS hip boots that I wear with my hunting boots. You have the stability & comfort of your hunting boots plus being waterproof to your hips. The NEOS also have good traction. If need be when it's time for the final stalk, take off the NEOS. They also roll up small. Good luck on your hunt. MET