Thread: Found Cell Phone Pouch At Knik Boat Launch

Default Found Cell Phone Pouch At Knik Boat Launch

Clip on cell phone holder for a Motorolla. It appears to be brand spanking new and very expensive. There was no cell phone in the pouch and my search came up empty, maybe because I found the pouch floating by the shore. I found it at the Glenn Highway launch and there were 4 other boats running around. If it's yours page me with a quick description and we will find to get it back to you.

How was the launch? And the river to run?

A group of people cleaned the boat launch and it is now free of couches and nails. A big thanks goes out to that group, it went along the lines of People for the palmer hay flats.

The launch was it's usual self.....

The water is still low, the fishing sucks, but running up the eklutna tailrace branch was a bunch of fun. I spotted no fish, but I did see some fresh bear tracks where it appeared a sow and a cub was patrolling the channels looking for fish.

At noon the wind really picked up. By two pm I had enough and headed home.

Found the guy who dropped the cellphone holder.

Default Thanks!!

I hope everything that gets lost this summer on the river magically reappears!!

Thanks to all who cleaned it up. Many thanks from me and from those that will use the launch later and never knew of the efforts.

It is sad that outdoors men and women are losing access each year because people are dumping stuff! We have lost part of the Knik area I hope we don't lose the launch in the future!

Default cleanup

Next Saturday, May 19, the Alaska ATV Club is doing thier annual Knik River cleanup. They usually take out tons (literally) of stuff. Everything from gum wrappers to car bodies. They try to get to the entire river, not just the parking area.
    More info at: www.alaskaatvclub.org/spring07flyer.htm