Thread: Free Bear Bait

Default Free Bear Bait

Currently I have about 3 fox carcasses if somebody would like them. You can come pick them up. I live in the finger lake area between Palmer and Wasilla. I will have more later this week. I still have about 7 fox in the freezer from this past predator season that I will be skinning later this week.

Yes, it is legal to use fur bearer carcasses as bait. It's on page 17 of the regs. Send me a PM and I'll reply with a phone number if you are interested.

PM SENT let me know if still available

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

Thanks for looking guys. A forum member has committed to picking them up. They are no longer available.

Honestly, trapping carcasses make really bad bait. Never seen a bear eat them and only birds and maggots seem to touch them.

Quote Originally Posted by northway View Post
    Honestly, trapping carcasses make really bad bait. Never seen a bear eat them and only birds and maggots seem to touch them.
    I've seen them eaten before. Although I agree you need more, they make a great attractant for the bears. Then you need the dog food or something else to keep them coming back.

thats mainly what i will be using them for is for an attractant to keep browns on one section and away from the sweet stuff. It has worked in the past and hope it will work again this year especially how my site is set up this year.

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."