Thread: Ultralight Airboat For Sale

Default Ultralight Airboat For Sale

I have an ultralight airboat built by Alaska Airboats in Wasilla. It is currently for sale.
    Private message to me your email address and I will email to you pictures. I can't seem to work with photo bucket.

It will be in Craigs List soon. At this time Randy Quincey of Alaska Airboats is taking inquiry for me because I am often working in the field and out of town this time of year.

My boat is 3-years old, 12' long 6' wide w/a 110 hp 2-cycle Hirth ultralight aircraft engine, it has the state-of-the-art plastic bottom covering. These ultralight boats are made of riveted and ribbed aircraft aluminum. It is the super cub of airboats. Gross pay load is 1000 #.

With 2 people and 22 gallons of gas it will do 22 to 26 mph at 4200 to 4600 rpm with a 3-blade prop, average 5-gallons an hour (4200 rpm) with this load and do about 4 hours running time. The boat has 90 hours on it. I bought it new, it was the prototype, I had it built. It is not a toy.

Randy and Leonard are using the inline vortec marine engines right now (ecotec?) (probably so) and also offer the Hirth. Several boats have the Hirth and they work great. They tried the new rotax but it just wouldn't lineup or reduce right and it cost a lot, they bagged the rotax and went to the vortec.

Mine is a true ultralight. Size to weight it is the most powerful. But to get more HP and not deal with 90:1 mixing of oil and gas Alaska Airboats decided to also make the same size ultralight boat with the inline 4-cylinder engine. That engine is heavier but also has more power. It runs like a champ so far and it is fairly quiet too, like mine.

My boat is a dream to operate. My wife loves driving it. Unlike the Sport Jon, when you want to drive over an obstruction like a tree or beaver dam you slow down and drive over it under control, rather than speed up and fly over it out of control as with the Sport Jon. Big difference. No matter where you can go with the Sport Jon, I can go further and more safely in the airboat. It is generally quieter than the larger engines and uses lots less gas. It has absolutely no operational or navigational glitches whatsoever as operated in skinny water at safe speeds. When the water gets shallower you slow down in this airboat. It has worked perfect for fall rainbow fishing up the Talkeetna.

My boat works great for hunting. I have it rigged with oars and often float steering it with oars while calling spring bears. When it won't float anymore I start it up and motor to where it will.

If I don't sell it this year I hope to take it up the Ivishak or Ribdon for caribou. I bought it for guiding but due to other job opportunities I am not guiding on my own hook at this time. Thus, the boat is for sale. Contact me by email and I will deal in person.
    That country was so hungry even the ravens were packin' a lunch.... HUNGRY I tell ya'!!

You get photo bucket figured out yet. Be nice see a picture and your asking price.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post
    You get photo bucket figured out yet. Be nice see a picture and your asking price.
    Mike, I happened to notice a AC boat project on CL yesterday for $6000. It's a deckover but looked like potential for a fun boat, however price is way high compared to Florida prices for something like that. Bud
    Wasilla

Thanks bud I saw it on CL. I got my airboat. Were still looking for my partner alaska outdoors. We need find him one know.

I sure don't know a lot but what I have learned is little horse power don't push you across dry ground. Rivets are no match for an rock. Which we all find once and while. And i didn't know UHMV was state of the art bottom. Thought that was a standard on airboat. Anyhow don't want to come across that I'm bashing his boat. Mike.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post
    Thanks bud I saw it on CL. I got my airboat. Were still looking for my partner alaska outdoors. We need find him one know.

I sure don't know a lot but what I have learned is little horse power don't push you across dry ground. Rivets are no match for an rock. Which we all find once and while. And i didn't know UHMV was state of the art bottom. Thought that was a standard on airboat. Anyhow don't want to come across that I'm bashing his boat. Mike.
    Mike, talk to some of the guys on SA about that airboat, still way to high for a project boat, but most 6 cyl AC motors on a light boat will go where you point them, and actually rivited hulls are stronger the welded hulls, they us a different type of aluminum that can't be welded and the rivits hold up very well. Rivited boats now are more expensive then welded boats. Bud
    Wasilla

I had a riveted ultralight airboat from AK airboats and it would flex. I agree it was strong and none of the rivets leaked but I prefer a welded boat.
    When I'm hopping over 3' beaver dams I want a rigid hull that is welded.
    My opinion of course.
    BK

No worries on boat bashing. Each one has it's attributes. I didn't have it built for dry ground and I don't rock it up on shore. You'd need a serious blower on a welded boat w/standard aluminum to weather that kind of, activity. This is thinner aluminum than on a welded boat therefore I don't play in the tussocks, cobbles or drive over bushes etc. I don't have an interest in that. And too, it doesn't leak either then.

I have it listed since May 1 on Craigs List. See pictures, description etc. there. Serious inquiries can be made by contacting Alaska Airboats and talking to Randy or by CALLING me at my number listed there, NOT by emailing me through CL.
    That country was so hungry even the ravens were packin' a lunch.... HUNGRY I tell ya'!!

FYI I have the same boat with a 65 hp rotax on it. It works great.
    I used it to take 8 boo up the ivashak last fall.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

www.arcticconcealment.com

If I still have mine, I'll do the same.