Thread: Sea Eagle inflatable boats

Default Sea Eagle inflatable boats

Does anyone have one or experience with this brand? I am interested in their inflatable one man pontoon boat. Seems just as good as some higher end one man pontoon boats.

I have a Sea Eagle raft and its good for taking the kids out on the Lakes and I've even gone down the Upper Kenai a couple times in it. That being said I wouldn't risk much more in it than the Upper Kenai, and I won't even take it there when the water is high and booking in July. Not sure if the pontoons are the same material as the rafts, if so I'd say if you are using it in lakes it would be fine otherwise I'd spend a little extra and get something else.

I think that the general reputation on these rafts, in AK, is that they'll get you into trouble faster than most others.

Took my sea eagle framless pontoon to Situk and it worked great. I thought the solid floor was going to be a PITA with all the rain but you just lift and dump the rain. Thought about cutting the floor out and making it roll back and clip with grommets, solid floor makes the exit a bit dicey if you need to bail fast.