Thread: first grayling this season

Default first grayling this season

just want to put out the word that grayling are back in the little slough's and creeks in the interior caught some to day. before the rain fall hitting dry flies so go get'em wet ya'll. there actually not to lathargeic as i would of thought they would be!

Good luck.

I caught about 30 of 'em in a couple hours a week and a half ago on Badger Slough. There were a few other folks there catching 'em too.

When I lived in North Pole, we'd usually start catching them in Badger and Piledriver between the 15th and 25th of April.

Quote Originally Posted by AKRoadkill View Post
    I caught about 30 of 'em in a couple hours a week and a half ago on Badger Slough. There were a few other folks there catching 'em too.

When I lived in North Pole, we'd usually start catching them in Badger and Piledriver between the 15th and 25th of April.
    I started catching them on 10 April this year out of the slough. They have been in the slough at least since then. Glad you finally caught some.

TSS
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

First chance I had to make it up there this year. Livin' down here in the Valley, I can't just start checking the slough every day starting when I first see open water like I did when I lived up there.

Had to go up to pick up my boat, so I brought a couple flyrods along. bead head nymph was the ticket!

Default hittin dries now

i caught mine on dry flies nothing over 15 inches but, all in all a good rainy day in alaska.