Thread: Uninterrupted Power for Toyo?

Default Uninterrupted Power for Toyo?

I installed a alternate energy plant last year at the lodge. I have a problem with my new Toyo stove in that when I switch to generator from battery my Toyo freaks out and goes into power failure mode. I then have to shut it off, open the face up and spin the blower motor then wait about 20 min. with the unit powered down then restart and it runs fine. It does not do this when I go from Gen-set to Battery on the flip side. Anyone have this issue and resolved it? Would this be solved by just an uninterrupted power unit? I tried one from a friend at the village but not sure it was in working order...

George

Quote Originally Posted by George Riddle View Post
    I installed a alternate energy plant last year at the lodge. I have a problem with my new Toyo stove in that when I switch to generator from battery my Toyo freaks out and goes into power failure mode. I then have to shut it off, open the face up and spin the blower motor then wait about 20 min. with the unit powered down then restart and it runs fine. It does not do this when I go from Gen-set to Battery on the flip side. Anyone have this issue and resolved it? Would this be solved by just an uninterrupted power unit? I tried one from a friend at the village but not sure it was in working order...

George
    I would think a UPS inverter should solve this problem, but it begs the question why your primary inverter is not providing you a seamless transition? I'd be looking to correct the issue at that point rather than adding a secondary UPS at the Toyo.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

George
    It sounds like the toyo is working correctly. Try turning off the toyo switch to generator then turn on toyo and see if it freaks out. If it does then check if inverter if large enough. Also is inverter true sine wave or modified square wave (msw)

dennis

Quote Originally Posted by George Riddle View Post

George
    Are you sure the Toyo is running off the inverter as the generator comes on line? It sounds like you may be going from inverted power to generator power. I remember reading about that in one of my inverter manuals. It may pay to put a surge protector on the Toyo. Single plug units are easy to get at electronics stores.

Thanks Mr. Pib, will give that a try.

George