Thread: Ktn. Walmart .22 ammo

Default Ktn. Walmart .22 ammo

Fairly decent .22 ammo prices today at Walmart. $33 for bricks of 555, ended up buying 6 bricks.

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners!

Wow! Times have changed. Last time I bought Federal hollow point .22LR 550 count loose boxes, (bricks), on sale at Walmart, about 4 years ago, they were $6.95 a box. Got them for $5.50 a box because I bought a case.

This is the first time we've had bricks in about a year. I feel fortunate even tho had to pay a premium price. My son called about 15 minutes ago and he picked up the last brick they had. Everything they had went in about 4 hours.

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners!

You actually got a good deal....I was in a local gun shop about two weeks ago and watched a person buy three 50 rd boxes of .22LR, (three box limit), the total was $17 and change.

So now Walmart is extorting people! I guess I'm done shopping there for ammo.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

It's a strange time for shooters. Our clothes dryer died, so I had to load up the laundry and head over to dry it at a laundrymat. I took some load manuals to read while waiting. A guy (the owner) comes in all friendly; I don't know this guy, he says he saw the manuals on my dash. I tell him I'm having a hard time finding powder and primers & want to be able to buy anything I can use if I find some powder. He says the gun club we both belong to had some H414? Doesn't help me. I tell him I bought some primers at the club a while ago, CCI LR, and the boxes were the old white boxes and the primers were stacked the "old" way. Must be 20+ years old...wonder where they found them. He tells me he works part time for a shop somewhere and he's been selling some of his personal stash of .22LR back to the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by duckslayer56 View Post
    So now Walmart is extorting people! I guess I'm done shopping there for ammo.
    No extortion, it was my choice to make the purchase and I'm glad to have found them.

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    This is the first time we've had bricks in about a year. I feel fortunate even tho had to pay a premium price. My son called about 15 minutes ago and he picked up the last brick they had. Everything they had went in about 4 hours.
    Wow, guess I was a couple minutes too late... Figured I'd stop by and pick up a brick or two while on that side of town. All gone when I got there.

I did happen upon 1000 rds of 7.62x39 for $269. guess I used up all of my ammo luck for the month.. I remember when it was $99 bucks a case not that long ago.

Considering the possible future I'll take every opportunity I get to purchase additional ammo if I think it's worth it. Good score on the 7.62.

Considering the possible future I'll take every opportunity I get to purchase additional ammo if I think it's worth it. Good score on the 7.62.
    Within reason, yea. Eventually the supply will catch back up, and prices will be a step higher than they were before, and all will be fine until the next crisis. We all look back wistfully on "the old prices" and realize that those days are gone.

I saw racks loaded with AR15's at pretty much "old prices" just last week while in Texas. I suspect that prices will be very close to old levels once this all shakes out. At least till the next scare....

I hope you're right about supply catching up. I stopped at 5 stores that carry reloading supplies on the way home yesterday. I ended up with one # of RL22, they had 2, but I left one for the next guy, and one pack (my limit for the day) of Win. LP primers.

I've been in Anch the past few days and have been looking for a set of RCBS dies for 45-70 for one of my sons and I get blank stares from the store help when I ask if they have seen any. One store did tell me anything that comes in for a 45-70 immediately goes out.

I've been in Anch the past few days and have been looking for a set of RCBS dies for 45-70 for one of my sons and I get blank stares from the store help when I ask if they have seen any. One store did tell me anything that comes in for a 45-70 immediately goes out.
    That seems like an odd caliber to be highly coveted right now, I think I saw some around here recently, would you be interested in me shipping you some if I see them again?

I just checked Midway and they have a half dozen sets available right now.

Few weeks back I had a garage sale. I have a few thousand rounds of 22LR laying around so I figured I'd make a buck. In my garage sale ad I put 22 ammo. I put out 4-50 packs of Blazer that I had from a brick I'd bought a few years ago. Slapped a $5 sticker on each box, they sold fast. I told myself if someone was willing to pay $5 a box they could have them.
    I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

always been $5-6 out in Kotz, Bethel...etc. Gas and milk is$7+

Quote Originally Posted by limon32 View Post
    That seems like an odd caliber to be highly coveted right now, I think I saw some around here recently, would you be interested in me shipping you some if I see them again?

I just checked Midway and they have a half dozen sets available right now.
    Thanks, but I found a set at GunRunners this morning, the only place I hadn't checked.

Kingfisherktn,
    I have the RCBS 45-70 3 die set. I assume it is the same set you are looking for. I know this might not be ideal, but I would certainly be willing to loan them to you for a month or two as I would like to keep them long term. Then you might be able to find a load you like and mass produce it during the summer months and not have to buy them yourself. I even have some bullets and some powder you could try without having to buy a hundred or pound at a time (boy I don't enjoy that part). They are rem 405 soft point and some 4198. Let me know if you want to take me up on the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by nomeite64 View Post
    Kingfisherktn,
    I have the RCBS 45-70 3 die set. I assume it is the same set you are looking for. I know this might not be ideal, but I would certainly be willing to loan them to you for a month or two as I would like to keep them long term. Then you might be able to find a load you like and mass produce it during the summer months and not have to buy them yourself. I even have some bullets and some powder you could try without having to buy a hundred or pound at a time (boy I don't enjoy that part). They are rem 405 soft point and some 4198. Let me know if you want to take me up on the offer.
    Thanks, but as I just mentioned above I found a set this morning. They are for my son and he is trying to get everything needed for his own setup, but thanks anyway.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion8 View Post
    Within reason, yea. Eventually the supply will catch back up, and prices will be a step higher than they were before, and all w
    ill be fine until the next crisis. We all look back wistfully on "the old prices" and realize that those days are gone.
    Right. There's no doubt in my mind.

That's what happened before.

When stuff becomes available again, everyone will pay the higher prices.

Some folks are, already paying exorbitant prices.

SOTN
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.