Thread: Who else is booked for 2014 Nunivak Ox?

Default Who else is booked for 2014 Nunivak Ox?

Just curious who else has booked for Nunivak musk ox next winter and who you're going with. I booked with James Whitman as a transporter for March 2-5. I've heard nothing but good things about James and I've had several great conversations with him so far. I can't wait to hopefully bag an ox with my bow next winter.

I'd stoked you got the tag and can make it happen this time Jeff. The hunt is a blast. Hope you don't have near the issues I had in '09 trying to get there!

Congrats Jeff. Hope you get a trophy. Too bad the unit 22 hunt isn't viable anymore.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Shannon View Post
    Just curious who else has booked for Nunivak musk ox next winter and who you're going with. I booked with James Whitman as a transporter for March 2-5. I've heard nothing but good things about James and I've had several great conversations with him so far. I can't wait to hopefully bag an ox with my bow next winter.
    James Whitman lead me around the island two years ago. You'll enjoy your time with James, he's top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerod View Post
    I'd stoked you got the tag and can make it happen this time Jeff. The hunt is a blast. Hope you don't have near the issues I had in '09 trying to get there!
    Jerod, don't recall, who was it you used for a transporter? I know there's a few good ones out there. What were your accommodation like the night or two you might of needed them? Tks.
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Tim,

I used Abe David. Below is a link to my post after the hunt. On the bottom of page 1, you'll see a write up of expenses. Brown Slough Bed and Breakfast is where we stayed when we were weathered in at Bethel. Real nice place. There was another ox hunter that couldn't get out, so we all sprun for a night there and ordered up some pizza. Made for a nice night chatting with other hunters. I only stayed with Abe one night, and I was outside boning meat and getting ready for the am flight most of that anyway. The hunt went by in a flash once I finally got there, but it was still very memorable. Jesse is finally mounting up the ox for me. Only took me 4 years to get it going.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ght=finally+ox