Thread: Help with MagneTek Power Converter/Charger

Default Help with MagneTek Power Converter/Charger

My motorhome has a MagnaTek model 6332 power converter/charger. The problem is with the charger. It only charges my batteries up to about 9.6 volts. Is this something that can be repaired or adjusted. Or would it be easier to just replace the complete unit?
    My batteries are new and don't have any problems charging them with my other chargers.

Thanks in advance for any input you may have...

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by akdanman View Post
    My motorhome has a MagnaTek model 6332 power converter/charger. The problem is with the charger. It only charges my batteries up to about 9.6 volts. Is this something that can be repaired or adjusted. Or would it be easier to just replace the complete unit?
    My batteries are new and don't have any problems charging them with my other chargers.

Thanks in advance for any input you may have...

Dan
    The circuit look fairly simple so it could be repaired. The question would be who would you find to repair it and how much is a new one?
    Have you check all the fuse?

Those converters are bad for your batteries. Your best option is to upgrade to a 3 stage unit. Here is a link to a replacement kit

http://www.bestconverter.com/55-Amp-...l#.UYW7xcpknkc

With the 3 stage, you don't have to worry about ruining your battery if you leave it plugged into shore power at home.