Thread: Halibut with "Afishhunt" charters

Default Halibut with "Afishhunt" charters

WOW, 3rd time was the charm, I fished once out of seward and homer, and to put it bluntly, both times sucked. I called "afishhunt" on monday and was able to book with them for today. I fished on the AfishhuntII with Matt (Capt) and Tiffany (deckhand). We had 4 others on board besides my son and I and we all hit it off. Long story short, outstanding customer service!!! I hope I can get enough money together to go with them again this summer. My sons first one was small, but then about an hour later he hauls in a 85lb! I managed two 25lb fish, so we brought home 75lbs of fish and lots of memories. The weather was perfect, and I don't think we went longer than 15 minutes to get something enticed by our bait. Give them a call if you want to go fishing!!

Great you and your son had a great time. How did you go out?
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Talking

I've already got a trip set up with these folks come June and takin' the family. First time chartering with AFishHunt. Thanks for the positive response. I'll be sure to share this with my wife and sons which will really get them excited!

Talking Ak Gary

By boat I'm guessing?

Quote Originally Posted by 4whlr View Post

By boat I'm guessing?

oopps Where did you guys got out of?
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

ninilchik i believe. i've been on a few charters with them as well. its a good outfit fer sure. they even have cabins in their campground.

Default just my thoughts

Your are pulled out into the inlet by tractor, then about a 60 minute boat ride, the only thing I would change is I would have stayed in the cabin--either the night before or when we got back, I was tired from all the driving and only 3 hours sleep the night before.

Quote Originally Posted by gobblinfool View Post
    Your are pulled out into the inlet by tractor, then about a 60 minute boat ride, the only thing I would change is I would have stayed in the cabin--either the night before or when we got back, I was tired from all the driving and only 3 hours sleep the night before.
    Been there and done that. After a while them suicide get to you.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Quote Originally Posted by gobblinfool View Post
    That's exactly why I got a cabin to arrive the day before fishing and a day after our last outing. I got the three day package: two days of Halibut and one day of Kings down the Kasilof.

I went out on their early charter for halibutt. did well every one on the boat caught their fish they were all around 20 lb but considering it was april I understand it was pretty good, and the captain was willing to stay out the whole day unlike some charters I've been on.