Thread: What's better than a Sotar?

Talking What's better than a Sotar?

Two Sotars

Thanks to Goo for hooking me up (twice). We just got the new 10 footer out today and look forward to running it on some Smoky Mtn streams here in NC this summer. Will be using it on the Upper Kenai in Sept as well. The 14.5' is a tested battle wagon and got us down a few remote floats and two Fishapalooza's as well. Had them out in the yard today for a good cleaning and couldn't help but to post a picture. Goo made our entry into rafting very smooth and I wanted to say thank you.

Dealer: Alaska Wildwater
    Attn: Goo Vogt
    PO Box 110615
    Anchorage, AK 99511

Phone: 1-907-345-4308
    Email: sotaralaska@yahoo.com

-Dan

Just 55 miles north of ANC ... on the lake

whats that green stuff in the background next to your drive....(nice boats by the way)...

Hey Bro- thanks for the post. I still have the motor mt with fish-on seat on top , just need to make it fit your tubes right and put the d-ring on her to hold it correctly. Call me or e-mail before you come. will be in Siberia from the last week in Aug. for a week. Shipping was high and wanted to do the work myself. Still comp- no charge.
    Hope all is well with the baby!!
    later goo

Looks like a nasty sweeper off the starboard side
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Default # of boat(s) per person ratio

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    Two Sotars
    OK. Knew that you were starting your family these days, but man o man, an informal count indicates at least 4 boats in your family so far. That's more than one per person. Unless you got another little person there on the way?

If I were to compare ratios I'd say that I need to go buy a few more boats!

ha ha.. Yeah, we got 5 kayaks, 2 rafts, and an Ally pack canoe. Sold 2 kayaks the other week or we would have 10 small watercraft. Something about small vessels just captures my attention. We thought long and hard on buying a saltwater fishing boat, but just couldn't pull the trigger. Maintenance, boat payments, storage, and they don't fit in the fuselage of any Alaska Air planes.

-Dan

Hey Dan-- am working on my thoughts on the ATV kayak into a light weight stable canoe-- got some SOTAR build dates coming up soon -let me know your thoughts for a dude your size or lots of gear and meat!! will have the weight on the tubes not the floor.
    Keeping the weight down for cub and airline transportation. Like a pack-raft on steroids!!
    Goo

Hey Goo,

I have another thread started about the new ATV & BMX kayaks from SOTAR:

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ke-pack-rafts)

I'd appreciate your thoughts posted here or there.

Thanx, Dave
    "Luckily, enforcement reads these forums, and likely will peruse this one...Especially after a link of it is forwarded to them....." - AlaskaHippie.

Dave I have tried to get in touch with the outfitter in Or. they are building this design for. He has been on the river until Monday and I also have some ideas that I need to talk to CHERLY at SOTAR who will not be back until this next week. Want it to carry more weight and be lighter. We have not made any pvc boats in 20 years, the urethane is just stronger, but thicker. They are sending me a sample of the pvc so I can get my own evaluation on it. I can get you more information next week on the changes I plan to make and see if you like what I come up with or what suit your needs. I plan to have one made as soon as possible. I have helped designed and tested their kayaks since they built their first one. I have some thoughts to be able to carry a heaver load and roll up small as well as to use it as a canoe as well as a kayak.
    Send me your e-mail or get in touch with me sotaralaska@yahoo.com or 907-345-4308. I would to love your input.
    I do not want to break the forum rules.
    Thanks,
    Goo