Thread: Roadtrip Camping RV Cabins

Question Roadtrip Camping RV Cabins

Hi everybody,

I just explored this wonderfull site. Ist Great Thanks to the all of you. But I still got some questions wich i havn´t found in the forum jet.

I am planing to do a little road trip with my fam. From mid May to end of June.
    We will rent a RV in Anchorage and the rough plan is to drive from Anchorage towards Denali Park, and find out if there are any Cabins free. If so we would stay a view days in the park.
    I would love to do some hiking but manly i would loe to do some boat rivertrips. Any advices at the denali park?
    Afterwards we would head to Fairbanks to show my Fam Fairbanks, some friends, maybe Chena Hotsprings and pick up my Car!
    I would also love to show the Eureka (close to manley) and mybe even stay out at the "New Wild and Free base) ( have to talk to brent :-)
    Next Plan would be heading towards Keny lake, Chitina and Mc Carthy maybe.
    depending how much time is left....... Veldez.

I spent the last 4 Winters 3 month each in AK. One time out in the bush in Eureka (by Manly) working on a dogmushing Kennel, two in the Mountains around Haines, and one traveling Around. So I am quite confident with the winter-conditions but not with the Summer-conditions.
    My Fam (Parrants 60 Jears, and brother with Girlfriend 30ears) is quite sportif. And I want do some hiking some boating (maybe Packrafting) and some Camping with them.

Does anyone has some recomedations where nice Campingspots are?
    The only overview over Public Camping Ares is:

Or any other recomudations what should be a must do?

I am thinking of staying the first Night maybe at Nancy Lake somewhere.
    What would you recommend? Go for one oft he Cabins there or keep going in tot he Denaly Park fort he Cabin Experience?
    -Then Denaly somehow
    --Fairbanks where I got some friends Maybe Packrafting somewhere at the Chena Fork
    ---Manley and Eureka: Maybe even padling there (from ........... the Tanana down)
    ----drive towards Thompson Pass, Mc Carthy, Chitina, Tonsina..............

But I recon i got allready to many Ideas to pack all in to 3 Weeks J

Realy looking forward to your recomendations
    Thank you

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, and now Appleseeds!

Try tripadvisor. It's more of a travel site.

Get a current copy of "Mileposts" and Good Sam's club publishes a Trailer Life campground book that covers Canada, Alaska and the US. Lots of people read these forums but few seldom post.
    Retired guy with too many hobbies....
    Shooting, reloading, metal fab/home machine shop.
    VW TDI diesel, fishing, Prospecting, Trip to Alaska via RV
    Retired from commercial HVAC / Master Electrician