Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good for the City of Kenai. Fines to be imposed.

Default Good for the City of Kenai. Fines to be imposed.

ADN Article

More enforcement as well.

Excellent.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Woohoo! More regulations, more money going into city coffers! Sweet!

So you feel littering is ok?

That speaks volumes.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.

I hardly consider forcing someone to pick up afterthemselves more regulations, by its very definition yes it is another "regulation" however people SHOULD clean up after themselves anyways but they dont its just a part of that entitlement mentality and not being responsible for your own actions just assuming someone is going to do it for you. You can still put your carcases IN the river just now strewn about the beach which SHOULD be common sense and common practice but its not because people are too **** lazy to spend a few more minutes to leave the place as they found it.

Not only that they are going to supply more trash cans and dumpsters to put your stuff in. They could make you pack it out and throw it away at home. It is discusting how lazy people are in this state.

Quote Originally Posted by willphish4food View Post
    If you feel like these new rules will affect you then stay off the Kenai or be a big boy and clean up after yourself.

The only extra money going into the city coffers is from the dirt bags that come dip netting and leave trash all over the place. They also will dump their holding tanks for the rv sh1t tank right where they park. And just trash the place in general. And you are making a sarcastic statement about more regulations and fines. If you pick up after your selves you won't have to pay any money. Personally I think if you are cough trashing the place you and your immediate family should be banned from obtaining a personal use permit. Banned from the use of the Kenai beach and a hefty fine. I am tired of seeing people flood the Kenai pen in July trash the h3ll out if the place and then leave. If the consequences are bad enough then people will think twice about leaving trash behind.

Sent while hiding from the boss

You know - an entrepreneur might be able to take advantage of an opportunity like this. Collect all the fish parts from dipnetters, package it, then sell it to bear baiters in the spring.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

Can't use fish for bear bait

Quote Originally Posted by 0321Tony View Post
    Can't use fish for bear bait

Yes you can you just cant use any of the "meat" you can use head,spine,skin, guts etc. It is the very firt sentence of "YOU MAY" in the bear baiting regs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bsj425 View Post
    Yes you can you just cant use any of the "meat" you can use head,spine,skin, guts etc. It is the very firt sentence of "YOU MAY" in the bear baiting regs.
    Unit 7 and 15 fish or fish parts cannot be used for bait.

Quote Originally Posted by 0321Tony View Post
    Unit 7 and 15 fish or fish parts cannot be used for bait.

Close.

From Black Bear Baiting seasons and Requirements
    You MAY:
    The parts of fish and game that may be legally used as bait are heads, bones, guts, skin or other parts of legally taken game not required to be salvaged (see current Alaska Hunting Regulations).

In Units 7 and 15, fish or fish parts may not be used for bait.
    You can use the inedible parts of the fish for bait. But you are not allowed to use any fish/ fish parts for bear bait in Units 7 or 15.

Call F&G if you think I'm wrong. 746-6300

Quote Originally Posted by 0321Tony
    They also will dump their holding tanks for the rv sh1t tank right where they park
    this is standard practice for most visitors to the kenai peninsula. to us, the kenai/soldotna area is a giant dumping ground between destination & departure. it's not a very scenic place & it's got this fast flowing river running through it, so it just makes sense..to dump your sh1t there. eventually it makes its way to the river & out. all clean!
    actually, we'll stop pooing in your backyard if you stop voting-in trashy feggits like chenault & micciche to our legislature

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie View Post

That speaks volumes.
    Wow, what reading comprehension you have!

I am against littering, I am a leave no trace person when I camp, fish and hunt. For most hunters and fishermen, leaving entrails and parts in the field is not considered litter; ravens, foxes and bugs need to eat, too. In most waters in the state, the Fish and Game recommends placing inedible parts of fish back into the waters they were taken from.

At the mouth of the Kenai, fish parts are considered litter. So people should remove their "litter" from there, as well. As my family did last year; bringing them out in the round and filleting them at a friend's house, and using the carcasses for fish broth and chicken goodies.

The city IS providing dumpsters for fish carcasses, which is something I have advocated for many years, ever since seeing it done on the Great Lakes at popular salmon fishing spots. Providing a solution for a problem is a good thing, instead of just whining about it.

Just because I'm not a proponent of bigger government on any level, so therefore don't love to see more regulations and fines on the books, does not mean I approve of litter or litterbugs.

That speaks volumes.
    Wow, what reading comprehension you have!
    No, what poor writing ability you have!

Your only reply initially was one of mockery, and hence it was a simple progression to state that since you wanted to mock the ordinance, you opposed it. Hence, you condone the littering.

See how easy that was?

However, once you where called out on it, we see how the story changed...A tad:

I am against littering, I am a leave no trace person when I camp, fish and hunt. For most hunters and fishermen, leaving entrails and parts in the field is not considered litter; ravens, foxes and bugs need to eat, too. In most waters in the state, the Fish and Game recommends placing inedible parts of fish back into the waters they were taken from.

At the mouth of the Kenai, fish parts are considered litter. So people should remove their "litter" from there, as well. As my family did last year; bringing them out in the round and filleting them at a friend's house, and using the carcasses for fish broth and chicken goodies.

The city IS providing dumpsters for fish carcasses, which is something I have advocated for many years, ever since seeing it done on the Great Lakes at popular salmon fishing spots. Providing a solution for a problem is a good thing, instead of just whining about it.
    It's not "litter" in quotations, it's litter. Period.

Good on you for doing your part, it's much appreciated by those that live near the beach, no doubt.

Just because I'm not a proponent of bigger government on any level*

*Unless it is to see commercial fisherman restricted.

so therefore don't love to see more regulations and fines on the books, does not mean I approve of litter or litterbugs.
    So, you're an anarchist.......That doesn't approve of littebugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jisler View Post
    this is standard practice for most visitors to the kenai peninsula. to us, the kenai/soldotna area is a giant dumping ground between destination & departure. it's not a very scenic place & it's got this fast flowing river running through it, so it just makes sense..to dump your sh1t there. eventually it makes its way to the river & out. all clean!
    actually, we'll stop pooing in your backyard if you stop voting-in trashy feggits like chenault & micciche to our legislature
    Oh, so on top of all that, now you want to approve who we vote for. Not surprised. This so reflects many people's perception of the KP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jisler View Post
    And that's the exact reason they had to make laws like this. For people like you.

No, what poor writing ability you have!

Your only reply initially was one of mockery, and hence it was a simple progression to state that since you wanted to mock the ordinance, you opposed it. Hence, you condone the littering.

However, once you where called out on it, we see how the story changed...A tad:

*Unless it is to see commercial fisherman restricted.

So, you're an anarchist.......That doesn't approve of littebugs.
    Continue putting words in my mouth, Hippie. It doesn't make them my words, only yours. Your assumption that I condone littering was yours, and yours alone. My story had not been told. A story about me had been told by you; I contradicted your account and corrected the record. I don't see how that is "changing {my} story." I presented a different story, yes, but only the original author of a story should be accused of changing his story.

You claim I am an anarchist... because I made a comment about more government fines, levies and regulations? My what jumps you make! Pray tell, did my sarcastic comment lead to the inciting of revolt, civil disorder, or demonstrate active violence against a government or its minions?

I don't think 150$ is near high enough. It may say wasilla next to my name but don't be fooled I lived within spitting distance of the mouth for a very long time and still have family there so I've seen the aftermath when the dipping season closes.. I don't mind fellow Alaskas going down to Kenai just as I hope I am welcomed in other parts of the state. I also think my thinking is becoming a little dated but we are blessed to live in a beautiful state with a lot less pollution issues then most other states( I know not like it used to be) and I think if you want to piss on the state and be irresponsible with your trash including fish waste then maybe emptying out your pockets a little will teach you a little respect... Don't care who you are where you live what you do if you pack it in pack it out... Show a little respect so our kids can get to enjoy the thing we do

Wow, I can see this one getting shut down soon. I'd shut it down myself now if I had a magic button. I'd sure like to see a civil conversation on this topic, rather than this argument which I suspect started long before this thread.

Scavengers need food, and they are perfectly capable of finding it. They were created with the instinct to do so. They don't need our help. Bears leave enough fish carcasses along our waterways to keep all of them thriving. I personally feel it makes sense for us to clean up after ourselves.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

I am not for more rules and Gov controlling our everydaylives either but from what I have seen in other areas of our great state on howsome litter it up for the lack of caring maybe a good kick in the ass with afine will help. I can just imagine what the City of Kenai has to deal withevery July on the beach and dealing with thousands of people and theirmess. I have people that will come downthe road I live on and dump their garbage and leave so I am sure the beach isthe same way for some… not all but some and their lack of caring for ourstate. If a fine will help make a differencebetween the beach being a bit cleaner for everyone then so be it. That would not be a problem for me and myfamily because we try to always leave the AO cleaner than we found it my parenttaught me that growing up and going camping. The way it looks is the city is trying to come half way in salving the problem.

Sweepint
    Wasilla, (when not overseas)
    '' Livn' The Dream ''
    26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast