Thread: Fairbanks-Circle Historical Trail

Default Fairbanks-Circle Historical Trail

Hello fellow riders, I have a few questions, and was hoping some of you could help me out. A few buddies and our family are trying to schedule a trip to ride the Fairbanks-Circle Trail, and was wanting to know if there is a place to camp near the trail, where we can start our ride from? Is the trail a difficult trail, or could the kids ride there wheelers on it? How long is the trail? Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Wait till June at least... Bring bug dope... See if you can find the trail on acmemapper 2.0 (google earths better brother)

is there a good place to camp near the trail

I am thinking about riding this trail for the first time this summer and have the same questions.... What can anyone tell me about the trail? Has anyone been over it yet this year?

Trail starts off of Cleary Summit. You can camp wherever. What do you mean by "kids"? It is a high ridge line trail for the most part. It turns into many trails in the mining country...

We are going to head up and try this trail towards the end of June as well. I can't seem to find much info on it. Couple vid's on youtube and a couple snipets online is about it, so if anyone has anything they would like to share I would appreciate it.
    Thanks in advance.

Default Reply about Fairbanks circl trail

The trails in the area are an easy ride for beginners in my opinion. I took my wife, who isn't a rider at all and she enjoyed it. To me, because I don't beat up my rides, it's a slow trail for the most part, lots of sharp irregular rocks on the ridge portion. I have been on the shorter loop, which ties in to mining road which you can drive all the way back to the trail head. You can find as much adventure as you want on this trail and all the side trails, but keep in mind, there are many miners in the area and trespassing is not a welcome thing. Respect others property. You should get on google earth and map your route. While heading out from the trail head, I forget how far, there is a left fork witch takes you north, bear right and you will be on the loop that ties in with the mining road. How far the left loop goes , I can't say but other forums have said making the whole trip to eagle summit hasn't been accomplished due to overgrowth etc...There are Grizz in the area so be aware of that. The camping area is more of a parking lot. There are much better camping at the Chatninika river and just trailer to trailhead. At least you will have some privacy of sorts instead of who knows driving through all night.
    The Quartz creek trail is an excellent scenic ride with great camping, a moderate slow trail with lots of rocks, if I averaged 10mph I was doing good. I doubt the side hill portion will be snow free but it's a nice ride to tha point, plus you can gold pan and explore the McKay creek trail too. The trail is at 58 mile steese I believe, turn at the Davidson ditch pullout which is U.S Creek road.
    Circle Fsirbanks is a fun place but really, the camping is non existent. I wouldn't camp there because it could turn into a free for all in the area. Do your family a favor and pick better camping so you can enjoy a little fishing or a nice fire in a fire ring, Cirvle Fairbanks Trailhead is turning into a dumping area.
    Pm me and perhaps we can ride some time or if you have questions. I am always wanting to explore new trails, I am always looking.
    FYI, I would love to take my wife to Quartz creek and camp and take for a ride, great family trail and ATV friendly camp ground. If you want to preview Fbx circle some time, I may be heading out there this SAT. You would be welcome. Nice to get a feel for the area.

Default Heading to this trail 6/15

Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]
    My son and I are going to this trail Saturday at about 10 am. Will do some exploring. I was on a trail last year and am going to try to find it again. Will have a Honda and a kawi and tan gmc. Any body heading out are welcome, don't have to ride together but it's nice to meet and talk, swap trail info etc. i can offer my advice and if you like you can tag along.

A man who carries a cat by the tail will learn something he can learn no other way!