Thread: Any info on this SOTAR?

Default Any info on this SOTAR?

Found this today very interested especially at the price point. Cant seem to find much info on it. The guy says 18' does anyone know the width, weight and load capacitys?

http://fairbanks.craigslist.org/boa/3762908649.html

Ok found a little bit of info on our own forums non the less. It appears these boats were designed and built for our own Larrt Bartlett but the specs are still widely unkown because he has or had some sort of rights to them? Still its a SOTAR so cant go wrong there just interested in the total weight and how much it can carry.

If you can get this raft for $800 DO IT!!! It is 16' long with 20" tubes, around 26" inside. SOTAR no longer does business with Larry. We at SOTAR can build you any size raft you would like. This one would cost close to $5,000 new. It is 40 oz, !00% urethane with 4,000 din. polyester base cloth. Should last forever. It is made of the same materal they build fuel bladders of for the mid-east wars.
    Any questions get in touch with me. I am in Anchorage
    Goo Vogt
    ALASKA WILDWATER
    sotaralaska@yahoo.com

Thanks for the info Goo, going to get in touch with him and see if I cant buy it! What is the over all width? I read 5 ft somewhere but then also read much narrower like 3.5 ft? and definative width?

I cant quite remember, as the newer model I designed is a bit different in size and style, but it is at least 5'6" wide and will carry a big load and coming with the frame!! I may buy it for my rental program if you don't!!
    feel free to call if you like 903-345-4308.
    Goo

I sent an email and left him a message so hopefully he will get back to me seems like a smokin deal.

Good on you--- If you need any extra d-rings - glue- ect. just let me know. Know she is the toughest raft on the market, again hand built in Merlin Or. USA!!
    Good luck.
    Goo

This is a steal. Can't figure why it's so cheap, but you better grab it.

Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

http://fairbanks.craigslist.org/boa/3763874183.html

heres another decent deal. Comes with frame and Oars. People must of updraded over winter

This is an older hypalon raft built with 420 din. nylon. In no way the class of the last raft we spoke of. I have been using SOTAR rafts on 5 different continents over the last 30 years and never have had to patch one. Get what you like, but no way the same thing. I will buy the SOTAR if you do not take it and I sell them!! Maybe the seller does not know what he has??
    Goo

I saw that Radical last night and am cursing the fact that I'm 350+ miles away. If it doesn't sell tonight I'll probably blast up from Anchorage and get it.

Mr. Google pointed me to a thread on mountainbuzz.com that had nothing good to say about the Riken raft.

Quote Originally Posted by Bsj425 View Post
    I sent an email and left him a message so hopefully he will get back to me seems like a smokin deal.
    Did you buy it I called and talked to him said it was sold sounded like a great deal.

Looks like the SOTAR sold. Hope it was you BSJ.

It wasn't unfortunately wish I would have picked it up tho it went fast!

Owner seemed like a great guy said buyer was from Delta, missing frame pieces were left behind on a fly in trip, no room on plane and seats went to
    locals for a ride to the airport. 4 wheeler seats! Said raft had no issues and was very capable hunting rig. Boys from Fairbanks area deserve a good
    deal now and then!

That was a killer deal, no doubt. Sotar makes a VERY high quality raft. Can't believe the abuse mine took on the Kwethluk this past Sept. Very atypically bad weather, rootballs all over, a debris field for a good stretch of the 120 mile float. Got the boat home and it looked like the day I bought it. Wife and I got two Sotars from Goo, a 14.5' and more recently 10'. Filling them both up in the morning in fact, for a good wash down, dousing of 303, and a preseason look over. Heading to the Smoky Mountains near Bristol,Tenn for some small mouth and rainbow fly fishing next weekend. Got 3 rivers to float and can't wait. Somebody stole this Craiglist boat.

-Dan

Well I hope it found a good home.

uh, yeah, if you don't buy it I will. That raft is killer, and the deal is even better. Grab it and thank gawd you had that op.

good hunting fellas,

larry, out!

The raft found a good home. Hopefully now the weather will cooperate and the ice will go away. This is going to be an epic rafting year fellas, get out and go.

Good on you mate, if you need any more d-rings, glue, fabric, ect. just get in touch. I have quite a bit here in Anchorage.We no longer can get the tan fabric. Also for your missing frame parts you can use 1.25" emt conduit which is a lot less $ than the alum, and fit NRS fittings. You did quite well on this raft. Any questions, give me a call. Have been the Alaska rep. for SOTAR since they started over 30 years ago. Enjoy your new boat!!
    Goo Vogt
    ALASKA WILDWATER
    sotaralaska@yahoo.com
    907-345-4308