Thread: 20 shots for record at 300, 500, 600 yards NRA Mid-Range Prone match on Sunday

Default 20 shots for record at 300, 500, 600 yards NRA Mid-Range Prone match on Sunday

Sunday, April 28 at the Ft. Richardson Pedneau Range Open to Public

Beforewe have the match I need to know a couple of things.

1. Who is planning to show up? I need as least 9 people to say: Yes, Iwill show up and shoot.

2. Of the people showing up, who has an current OIC/RSO card?

3. I need a volunteer to go to Birchwood and get the trailer either Friday orSaturday before the match and take it back afterword.

I went out to Pedneau Range last week and there is one to two feet of snow onall of the firing berms. So bring a snow shovel. Please letme know by 2pm Thursday so that I can let everyone know if the match is a go orno go.

The Alaska Rifle Club will hold a NRA Mid-Range Prone match on Sunday,April 28 at the Ft. Richardson Pedneau Range. Sign up time will be 8AM to8:30AM. This will be a 60 shot for record match with unlimited sighters. The match fee will be $20.00 for annual ARC members or $25.00 for one daymembers. Open chamber indicators will be required and will be available for $1each. I have attached the Match Program.

There will be 20 shots for record at 300, 500, and 600 yards all slow fireprone plus sighters. For the mid-range prone category you must shoot off asling but you can use a scope or "Any Sights". F class &F-TR use bipods.

The Black Powder Cartridge shooters are invited too. We set up the matchso that Black Powder Target Rifle shooters' score will count forclassification. All the disciplines have a mid-range format and this makes fora good multi-discipline match.

Everyone is required to sign up in the parking lot adjacent toPedneau. I have attached the Hold Harmless form that the Army isrequiring everyone to sign. Please print one for yourself and bringit. You only have to sign it once for the year and the club keeps them.

The Army has tightened the rules on bringing firearms onto the base. Because Pedneau is not on the main base, we do not have to worry aboutthem. If you go through the main gate you must register all firearms.

The Army range control has taken a firm stand on range rules. There will be nopersonal vehicles other than the emergency designated vehicle on the Range. So,either you have to carry your equipment or put it in the emergency vehicle.

Hope to see you there!

--
    Mark Friest
    President
    Alaska Rifle Club
    president@akrifleclub.com
    907-333-8199

http://www.akrifleclub.com/

I am an experienced shooter but haven't done much mid/long range shooting. Nor am I currently familiar with all the rules for the match type you are describing.

My question is; how tolerant of new guys is this type of event? I am definitely willing to learn.

Allen, sent you a PM, I was planning on attending

Very tolerant.

The match is not a free for all, it is very controlled for both safety and competitive reasons.

come out an shoot!

Call Mark Friest and let him know you are coming. 333.8199. he can go over the course of fire

Great folks, they will walk you through each stage of the match!

QUOTE=AKF;1275169]I am an experienced shooter but haven't done much mid/long range shooting. Nor am I currently familiar with all the rules for the match type you are describing.

My question is; how tolerant of new guys is this type of event? I am definitely willing to learn.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by allen-ak; 04-24-2013 at 16:03. Reason: spelling

2013 AlaskaRifle Club

Mid-RangeProne/F-Class Registered Tournaments
    Dates: April 28, May 11, June 9, August 31, 2013
    Location: PedneauRange, Ft. Richardson, AlaskaDirections: Traveling North from Anchorageexit the Glenn Highwayat Ft. Richardson, Turn right at topof ramp, turn left at gate onto frontage road, go two miles North and turnright at the Small Arms Range Complex, turn right at Y and follow the signs toPedneau Range (first range on left).
    Contact:AlaskaRifle Club, PO Box 672197, Chugiak, AK 99567-2197
    Jon Terhune 907-262-5875or Mark Friest 907-333-8199Or by e-mail, jterhune@alaska.net
    Rules: Current NRA High Power rules will govern. Open BoltIndicator, Hearing and Eye Protection are required!Eligibility: Open to any ARC member. One-day memberships ($5.00) are available forout of town competitors.
    Capacity: Maximum competitors: 60
    Fees: Tournament Fee: $20. (Includes NRA fee of $5.50. Shooters under 18 are free)
    Entries Due: 08:00 AM 8:30 AM
    Start Times: 09:00 AM
    Squadding: Squadding assignment for individual matches will be issuedduring registration.
    Classification The NRA Mid-Range Prone Classifications will apply. Unclassifiedcompetitors will compete in the Master Class. Assigned Classification (Rule 19.6), or Temporary Classification (Rule19.2), may be used.
    Targets: 300 yard MR-63, 500 yard MR-65, 600 yard MR-1 target. Competitors will be required to pull targetsfor other competitors.
    Rifles: NRA Match Rifle (Rule 3.3),Service Rifle (Rule 3.1, 3.1.1, 3.1(d) or 3.1.2), Any Rifle/any sight (Rule3.2) or Palma Rifle (Rule 3.3.3).
    MatchA: Twosighting shots and 20 shots for record in 22 minutes prone slow fire at 300yards MR-63 target.
    Match B: Two sighting shots and 20 shots for record in 22 minutesprone slow fire at 500 yards MR-65 target.
    Match C: Two sighting shots and 20 shots forrecord in 22 minutes prone slow fire at 600 yards MR-1 target.
    Match D: Will consist of an aggregate of thethree matches above.Classes: NRA Mid-Range Prone Classifications will apply.Classifications in the aggregate match (D) will be the same as the firedmatches.
    F-Class F-Class shooters will fire the same course as the HP Mid-Rangeshooters, only they will use the F-Class targets at each distance and will fireeither F-TR or F-Open with a Mid-Range classification against other F-Classshooters only, and Rule 22 - F-CLASS RIFLE RULESwill apply.
    Awards: (Open Awards, Match D) Class and Category Awards:There must be 5 or more entries in a class for one award, 8 ormore for two awards; and 13 or more for three awards. If there are fewer than 5 High Mastersentered, they must fire for open awards only. The High Master Class may not be combined with the Master Class. If there are fewer than the required numberof entries in a class to provide awards, they will be combined with the sameclass in another category. If there arestill fewer than 5 entries after combining all categories of a class, therewill be no awards provided in thatclass, and all competitors in the lower class will be moved back to theirrespective category within the next higher class until there is a minimum of 5competitors in the combined class.
    Last edited by allen-ak; 04-24-2013 at 16:08. Reason: format

come shoot!

contact today, tell him you will be aboard!

Mark Friest
    President

Alaska Rifle Club
    president@akrifleclub.com
    907-333-8199

http://www.akrifleclub.com/

thanks!
    Last edited by allen-ak; 04-25-2013 at 12:32. Reason: add