Thread: Trap theft. ive never been this pissed off in my life....

Default Trap theft. ive never been this pissed off in my life....

had about 300bucks in trapps stolen from me between last thursday and sunday. I cant even begin to explain my fustration.. the thiefs followed my tracks down a nice line i had set up. they took everything. they took every set i had in that slough.. i guess its time to put up some trail cams..
    “We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.” - (Aldo Leopold)

Quote Originally Posted by joefish00000 View Post
    had about 300bucks in trapps stolen from me between last thursday and sunday. I cant even begin to explain my fustration.. the thiefs followed my tracks down a nice line i had set up. they took everything. they took every set i had in that slough.. i guess its time to put up some trail cams..
    ....just take care they don't follow your tracks right to your trail cams.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

set your trail cams up in a tree using a folding ladder this keep your cams safe for a while and people are less likely to look up in tree to see cams. Family had theft problems of cams in lower 48 hunting area set up cam then put one up in tree to take pics of cam thief. Sadly parents don't always believe their kids can do wrong even when presented with video evidence.

Joe, very sorry to hear about that, I realized the odds of recovering the stuff is rather un-likely but i'd still report it to the troopers if you haven't, some of them are quite passionate about hunting/trapping equipment theft.

i gave the troopers a call.. they pretty much just told me to keep a lookout on craigslsit..
    “We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.” - (Aldo Leopold)

Not sure if you did but Always talk to a wildlife trooper on trap theft it is their department and I think you get a better response from them on something like this vs talking to a blue shirt
    meats meat don't knock it till you try it

Quote Originally Posted by otterman View Post
    Not sure if you did but Always talk to a wildlife trooper on trap theft it is their department and I think you get a better response from them on something like this vs talking to a blue shirt
    Great point, I was actually thinking wildlife troopers too!

Joe, if you throw up a list of what was stolen i'll keep an eye out down here, there are a few Pawn shops that tend to get some traps now and then.

Sucks for sure man...sorry to hear that. Wish we could set them all and make them stick their fingers in them..lol

hope you get some word on this.
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Mid april, assume you were trapping beaver. Were conibears stolen?
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

yes i ad about 6 330s and 10 220s stolen.. as well as about 24 110s and some colony traps..
    Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    Mid april, assume you were trapping beaver. Were conibears stolen?

yes i ad about 6 330s and 10 220s stolen.. as well as about 24 110s and some colony traps..
    I'll try and swing by the pawn shops this week and see what I see. I'll let you know if I see anything similar.

thanks a bunch! id really apreciate that
    Quote Originally Posted by limon32 View Post
    I'll try and swing by the pawn shops this week and see what I see. I'll let you know if I see anything similar.

add on CL :Reply Reply to: kt4rq-3789460529@sale.craigslist.org [?]
    flag [?] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of Posted: 2013-05-06, 7:28PM AKDT
    traps (talkeetna)

i have some coniubears and some1and a half foot holds they are ready for some die most are knew what do you have to barter will take things that go boom or sporting goods
    • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Posting ID: 3789460529
    Posted: 2013-05-06, 7:28PM AKDT
    email to a friend

A possibility?

Isn't this how the Mad Trapper of Rat River got started?

In all seriousness, I can't abide a thief. Good luck.

Not saying this is the traps you lost but the posting sounds like they dont know alot about them.
    http://anchorage.craigslist.org/spo/3816515244.html