Thread: Seward Fishing 4-20/4-21

Default Seward Fishing 4-20/4-21

Rob, Steve, and myself made our way down to Seward departing Anchorage around 4:30am Saturday morning. Road was dry all the way (bonus) and it was a pretty quick run with zero traffic. Arrived in town about 7am and wasn't all that shocked to see no vehicles in the launch lot as it was a balmy 16 degrees. Just a slight north wind on the way out and made it to our 1st destination in about an hour. We drifted some normally good spots without a bite so we wandered off and anchored for Halibut. After about three hours Rob finally nailed one that weighed 72lbs. We were bummed to find out after that the video cam was in picture mode and missed the underwater shooting/gaffing...there's always next time! Rob was jazzed and we also picked up some medium sized Yelloweyes. Weather was nice and sunny with a 5-10 knot north wind...seas were about 2'. We decided to hit our anchorage early and made a decent dinner and watched a movie. Woke up at 4am in Agnes Cove getting some 30 knot gusts and a new report for 6' seas in the gulf. I went back to bed and turned off the alarm...wasn't really anxious to get beat up looking for a good fishing hole in the morning. We finally rolled out of bed around 10am to snow and some fairly steady winds. Pulled around the corner of Agnes Cove and knew we would have some lumpy seas. It was about 3' just outside of Agnes and Cheval Narrows was at 4'. In Pony Cove it was rolling pretty big and the wind was gusting making things rough with seas between 6'-8'. Needless to say, we were prepared to head back so we headed back across the gateway in 4'-6' seas with an occasional monster roller. Stopped at Calisto for a bit and then ran in to the beach area of Bear Glacier and caught an Arrow tooth and a Cod. Eventually we gave it up and headed back to port. Stopped for lunch and met with Tony Davis for a bit and actually made it home at a reasonable time! No pictures or video downloaded yet but will post them as I get the time.

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

Cool, thanks for the report. Can't wait to get on the water!

Great report! Gets you excited for the upcoming season!
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"

thanks for the report, I cant wait to get down there to seward

Well sounds like a great trip even if the weather turned bad.

Can't beat getting out on the water, and the but was a bonus...wow 72lbs. Can't wait to get the Gringo out and prepped. looking forward to the video and pics!
    TIGHT LINES...ALASKA!!
    2005 Trophy Pro 2359
    "Nut-N-Honey"

Looks like I screwed the pooch on my file transfer on the way home...managed to kill the property files for most of the video clips. I will see if I can recover some of the pictures and I will have Steve do a video from data he downloaded from my camera and his. Will post a link when he is done. Stupid, stupid, stupid!!!

Couple pics...nothing special.

Heavy Hitter Fishing

Nice work boys! I may not have been out on the water but I still got my yelloweye rockfish and chips fix in Seward ha! It was good running into you guys. See you on the water soon...Fish out!

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakcustom View Post
    Nice work boys! I may not have been out on the water but I still got my yelloweye rockfish and chips fix in Seward ha! It was good running into you guys. See you on the water soon...Fish out!
    Good to BS with you too Tony. It's gonna be a good year!

Heavy Hitter Fishing

The video Steve did...

Heavy Hitter Fishing

nice video
    Boatless

Sweet video! Looks like a blast!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD