Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To clear up confusion.

Default To clear up confusion.

Hi this is Sterling from Arctic Ammo and Reloading Supplies. A lot of you have been with us from the beginning and for all those that have supported us in business Arctic Ammo and the original staff of mat-su tactical and I say thank you.

I would like all of you to know that Arctic Ammo & Reloading Supplies is still in the same location in the Valley that we have been at for the last five years at 4900 east Palmer-Wasilla hwy ste 1B and will continue to be there for many years to come. But do to the fact that a previous business partner who bought into a thriving business and who is now trying to take away Arctic Ammo’s loyal customers by advertising like we just closed shop and moved has now opened up a new business using almost the same name as the one we opened up with in 2009. I have decided to continue business using only the Arctic Ammo name to avoid confusion and not the name Arctic Ammo / matsu-tactical do to this new business opening up under the name of mat-su tactical llc. We are still stocking the same inventory and providing all the same services like firearms, tactical gear, gunsmithing, ammunition and reloading supplies.

So please when you see the ads that make it sound like we are moving understand that this is a new business and not Arctic Ammo moving.

Thank you

Sterling Cook
    Arctic Ammo & Reloading Supplies
    4900 E Palmer-Wasilla Hwy Ste 1B
    Wasilla, Alaska 99654
    Ph: 907-357-3381
    Fax: 907-357-3391
    Cell: 907-841-5771

I was wondering about that. It's my tradition to stop by your shop on my way back from a gun show in Palmer. Looks like that tradition can continue.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

sounds like a soap opera: "as the arctic ammo/matsu tactical turns"

"all my tac-geardo nerd children"

That was a good place to go for a $400-450 AK-47. An $1100 century arms AK is laughable, at best. Too bad you guys started price gouging your best customers.

Sterling - I consider you a friend, and will continue shopping at your store as long as you're there. Best of luck with your business!

Matt

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

Thanks for the clarification Sterling. I saw the signs for the other outfit and wondered if you were setting up a new shop. I'll see you the next time in town.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Yes it has been a little like a soap opera around here.

Matt thank you for your business in the past and I hope to earn some of your future business. I still pride my self with being very well priced on my AKs. unfortunately the $400-450 AKs are now $600-650 at this moment in time. I do have some $1100 AKs in stock that are IMPORTED by century arms but they are Yugo under folders not the inexpensive Romanian wasr10.

Sterling Cook
    Wasilla, Alaska 99654

I still stop by a few times each time I'm home from the slope. Bought a few guns in there and plenty of components. I've never felt like you guys were gouging anyone at all and will continue to come by and buy stuff from you guys!

It helps that I can almost hit a golf ball to your store from my house!

Since we're on the topic, I'll throw in a review here. I have been dealing with Sterling for several years. He and his shop have provided the best experience I have ever had in the local firearms venue. His prices are fair, regardless of what anyone thinks. Sterling does his homework, and knows his business. If he gives you a price on a gun, you can be sure it's a fair price. He is also probably the best resource in the valley (maybe even in the state!) for reloading info.

My thanks to Sterling and his staff for a very positive experience every time I've been there.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

I'll throw another positive review in there. I have had nothing but good experiences in that shop. I've never bought a gun in there, but lots of reloading components, and when I was into ARs I got a lot of accessories to hang off it from them. Not to mention Sterling can answer pretty much any question you have on reloading. I'll continue to give them my business.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    sounds like a soap opera: "as the arctic ammo/matsu tactical turns"

"all my tac-geardo nerd children"
    Mainer you silly goose how's the canyak's coming along?

Couple of years ago I was in this store buying some powder and primers. A young man stopped in with his resume looking for any kind of work. Just walking the road looking for any kind of job. The man at the counter treated the young man with respect while informing him they had no work that would match his skill level. Good person in my book. Wish I'd had some work for the kid to do.

Yup good folks at Artic Ammo. Not only have they treated me very fair but I often point my customers over there for supplies and never heard a bad review back.

Prices are what they are and can’t be helped. If a shop wants inventory they got to pony up for high demand goods then only a fool wouldn’t pass that extra cost on. It is what it is these days and I see it all over not just with guns . . . Gawd do I see it at the gas pumps!!!
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Best place to go in the valley for FFL transfers, as far as I'm concerned. I just don't get the guys that are charging $50 or $75 for a transfer.
    "Beware the man with only one gun; he may know how to use it."

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by arctic ammo View Post
    Hi this is Sterling from Arctic Ammo and Reloading Supplies. A lot of you have been with us from the beginning and for all those that have supported us in business Arctic Ammo and the original staff of mat-su tactical and I say thank you.

I would like all of you to know that Arctic Ammo & Reloading Supplies is still in the same location in the Valley that we have been at for the last five years at 4900 east Palmer-Wasilla hwy ste 1B and will continue to be there for many years to come. But do to the fact that a previous business partner who bought into a thriving business and who is now trying to take away Arctic Ammo’s loyal customers by advertising like we just closed shop and moved has now opened up a new business using almost the same name as the one we opened up with in 2009. I have decided to continue business using only the Arctic Ammo name to avoid confusion and not the name Arctic Ammo / matsu-tactical do to this new business opening up under the name of mat-su tactical llc. We are still stocking the same inventory and providing all the same services like firearms, tactical gear, gunsmithing, ammunition and reloading supplies.

So please when you see the ads that make it sound like we are moving understand that this is a new business and not Arctic Ammo moving.

Thank you

Sterling Cook
    Wasilla, Alaska 99654

Not to bring up a old thread... However I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in the pot as well.

I can't say enough good things about Arctic Ammo. They have always treated me more then fair..... Their inventory has always been the best in town and they have by far the best selection of reloading supplies.... I've never seen Sterling take advantage of someone on gun prices ....in fact I've always seen him try hard to work with folks, on getting the best deal he can find.

These days it's hard to find anyone in the gun business that's very open minded and a pleasure to socialize with. Most gun shop owners are more interested in telling you what you need ( which usually just happens to be in stock) and not intrested in listening to what you want.
    Arctic Reloading was quick to help me , and if they didn't have what I was looking for then they informed me I should get it off gun-broker and they would handle the transfer ...

Great to do business with.. I stop by and spend my share there after every hitch on the slope.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanTides View Post
    Not to bring up a old thread... However I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in the pot as well.

I can't say enough good things about Arctic Ammo. They have always treated me more then fair..... Their inventory has always been the best in town and they have by far the best selection of reloading supplies.... I've never seen Sterling take advantage of someone on gun prices ....in fact I've always seen him try hard to work with folks, on getting the best deal he can find.

These days it's hard to find anyone in the gun business that's very open minded and a pleasure to socialize with. Most gun shop owners are more interested in telling you what you need ( which usually just happens to be in stock) and not intrested in listening to what you want.
    Arctic Reloading was quick to help me , and if they didn't have what I was looking for then they informed me I should get it off gun-broker and they would handle the transfer ...

Great to do business with.. I stop by and spend my share there after every hitch on the slope.
    No doubt Sterling is good people and rouns a top notch little shop.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I have to agree, as I have always been treated well at Arctic Ammo and have enjoyed 'just visiting' when I have the time. Good crew there.

I make it a point to hit up Arctic Ammo whenever I'm in the Valley. I'm impressed with their selection of hard-to find Milsurp ammo. Please keep stocking ammo for the Maks, Toks, Mosins, Mausers, and Enfields.

I'll also add kudos to sterling and arctic ammo. I stop in there quite a bit looking for specific bullets, powders, and other components. I might buy something every tenth time or less that I'm in there, but they are always friendly and never pushy.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

I like Arctic Ammo too.

I started goin there when the business started, during the first Obama Shortage.

He bent over backwards to find and order me bullets a couple-three times, and then let me know when they came in.

I've never bought any guns there, but components, yeah. I think Andy was gittin my stuff, or I'd have gotten more.

Now, when I drop in, it's often crowded. Must be a popular place

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast