Thread: AC/DC refrigerator

Red face AC/DC refrigerator

Does a Nova Kool AC/DC refrigerator automatically switch to AC when I'm using shore AC power? Sounds simple enough but I would hate to mess up my DC system.

I don't know about Nova Cool but every AC/DC fridg I've owned switched over to AC when hooked to shore power. It should easy to verify, just flip the DC breaker and see if it keeps running, or better yet, just keep the breaker off to be sure it doesn't run the battery down in case you loose shore power. It's nice to have cold beer when you get onboard

If it is an AC/DC model, connects to both 12DC and 120VAC at the same time, the manual says it will switch automatically. If it is a DC only model then no.

Thanks fellows. Love this forum. Can always find good answers and information! Thanks again and hope you have a great summer.

I have a Nova Cool in my boat and when I am hooked to shore power and the circuit breaker on, it will run off of AC. Actually when it is on AC it runs a transformer that converts that AC to 12Vdc.

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/