Thread: Submitting a Proposal

Default Submitting a Proposal

Maybe I missed it on the AF&G site, so I'm asking here. If you submit a proposal to change a hunting/fishing reg, do you have an opportunity to plead your case before the board? If so when and where?

I submitted a proposal, received an email that it had been successfully accepted, but nothing saying "show up here and now to discuss". Will I now be on their email list updating me to the next meeting or do you just submit and hope for the best?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hughiam View Post
    Maybe I missed it on the AF&G site, so I'm asking here. If you submit a proposal to change a hunting/fishing reg, do you have an opportunity to plead your case before the board? If so when and where?

I submitted a proposal, received an email that it had been successfully accepted, but nothing saying "show up here and now to discuss". Will I now be on their email list updating me to the next meeting or do you just submit and hope for the best?

Thanks!
    Those proposals are almost always discussed at their regularly scheduled annual board meetings. It should be pretty clear on the Board of Game website as to when the next meeting is that is going to address proposals for the specific areas/regs you submitted on.

Check on the information here: http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...gameboard.main. The first link in their list may be where you got your information from to submit the proposal. There is a telephone number on that page that you can call if you have questions like you posted above.

Thanks skier! I wasn't sure if they discussed it multiple times at various meetings or one shot at it.

You can also go to your local AC Meetings (Advisory Committee) and ask for their support, they send recommendations to the BOG and BOF. I am a member of the Mat- SU AC