Thread: The TRUTH about GUNSHOWS........and HIGH prices. (Duplicate Post)

Default The TRUTH about GUNSHOWS........and HIGH prices. (Duplicate Post)

YOU DO UNDERSTAND THAT THE GUNSHOWS "START" THE "DAY" BEFORE THE PUBLIC IS ALLOWED IN............Right.......??? The Show starts Friday At 5 or 6:PM for some people. So there is 4 hours tonight and 3 hours Sat. morning before the shows open at 10:AM to the John Q. Public........that those inside are running around looking for & buying underpriced goods. So that by 10:AM Saturday morning nearly everything that was under valued, has been bought and moved to the new owners table and priced slightly above fair market value.

So as a Life member of AGCA, I just go at 7:AM Sat. & buy what seems like a super deal to me.........and come home before the doors open to the public. All in all, if I was still renting tables, say 3 tables plus cost of supplies and travel cost.......rock bottom cost about $300.00 but the most horrific part for me was having to sit on my Arse inside a building with massive amouts of Human Animals. So I no longer do the gunshows, but will swooop in at 7:AM buy what I can use............and race to escape the human sewer known as Anchorage/Palmer/Wasilla area. Come home, mix a nice drink and watch the bears and goats play on the mountains.

Yes.....it sucks, but someone has to follow his own path in an insane world.

So now you know how it works.

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Human Animals living in the human sewer known as Anchorage/Palmer/Wasilla area…. Nice attempt at insulting a couple hundred thousand people you jack ass!.. having personally lived in numerous cities in a half dozen states, not to mention having traveled extensively thru about 17 different countries, I am not prepared to categorize the Anchorage/Palmer/Wasilla area as a sewer. To the contrary, I actually LIKE it here and live here by CHOICE.

Enjoy your early and elite access to the smoking gun show deals… and don’t worry, this animal won’t be there to get in your way.
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Hmm..... Seems someone took offense awfully easily..... So what he's not wrong. I simply despise anchorage myself and rarely venture out to wasilla unless very necessary. Living in big lake is much quieter and a big improvement but still not far enough away from the madness. Hey AGL you seein many bears up yet?

Release Lake Trout

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Being categorized as an animal living in a sewer? Seems a bit over the top to me, but I’m not overly offended because the opinions of two anonymous guys on a forum means nothing in the grand scheme of things, and I am certainly not going to lose any sleep or get all wound up over such trivial chatter, but I’m also not about to give someone a free pass for bashing on the city I call home…
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Odd how a guy in a dry cabin who craps in a bucket is so quick to label others.......
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Stop lights and traffic is the main thing that I hate in anchorage. Hoodlums and punk ass kids are a close second. Jus sayin. Whoever designed the road system in anchorage was on drugs. With that being said, I was born and raised in the sand lake nieghborhood in anchorage. It WAS a nice place to grow up in. No more.

Release Lake Trout

Quote Originally Posted by Alangaq View Post
    Human Animals living in the human sewer known as Anchorage/Palmer/Wasilla area…. Nice attempt at insulting a couple hundred thousand people you jack ass!.. having personally lived in numerous cities in a half dozen states, not to mention having traveled extensively thru about 17 different countries, I am not prepared to categorize the Anchorage/Palmer/Wasilla area as a sewer. To the contrary, I actually LIKE it here and live here by CHOICE.

Enjoy your early and elite access to the smoking gun show deals… and don’t worry, this animal won’t be there to get in your way.
    Anchorage was a fine place to live......I enjoyed living there when "Anchorage" ENDED at 15'th Ave.

Quote Originally Posted by Alangaq View Post
    Being categorized as an animal living in a sewer? Seems a bit over the top to me, but I’m not overly offended because the opinions of two anonymous guys on a forum means nothing in the grand scheme of things, and I am certainly not going to lose any sleep or get all wound up over such trivial chatter, but I’m also not about to give someone a free pass for bashing on the city I call home…
    Anchorage was a wonderful place to live when Tudor road was Dirt and did not connect to Muldoon Road.......Infact Muldoon was a different city unto it's self. Was no road to Eagle River........Then called "Buzzard Gulch".

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie View Post
    Odd how a guy in a dry cabin who craps in a bucket is so quick to label others.......
    Crapping in a bucket avoids Sewer and Water "TAX".

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt&FishAK View Post
    Stop lights and traffic is the main thing that I hate in anchorage. Hoodlums and punk ass kids are a close second. Jus sayin. Whoever designed the road system in anchorage was on drugs. With that being said, I was born and raised in the sand lake nieghborhood in anchorage. It WAS a nice place to grow up in. No more.
    So there aren't any hoodlums or punk kids in the Big Lake area? You probably should have kept that info to yourself...your neighbors are gonna be pissed that you let that cat out of the bag!

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt&FishAK View Post
    Hmm.....AGL you seein many bears up yet?

I just hiked down to the beach at mouth of Six-Mile creek and fully expected to see some bear tracks.....but No-Joy. I spotted to more way....way up on the mountain. I think I have 7 bears out, none are get'able, to much snow slide risk.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Crapping in a bucket avoids Sewer and Water "TAX".
    So does a well and a septic tank..... Just sayin'....
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.

So does a well and a septic tank..... Just sayin'....
    I have (2) Two High Flow Water Wells 66' deep..........and a Un-used septic suitable for a four bedroom house. I just enjoy peeing in the snow & dumping in the bucket. However when I grow-up and grow-old I will use the toilet like other SISSY'Men......Hehehehehe

I have (2) Two High Flow Water Wells..........and a Un-used septic suitable for a four bedroom house. I just enjoy peeing in the snow & dumping in the bucket. However when I grow-up and grow-old I will use the toilet like other SISSY'Men......Hehehehehe

.......Depends........

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post
    So there aren't any hoodlums or punk kids in the Big Lake area? You probably should have kept that info to yourself...your neighbors are gonna be pissed that you let that cat out of the bag!
    There are some I'm sure, luckily I don't think there are any In this nieghborhood, jus nice quiet retired folks and a few commuters. There are a few punk ass dogs runnin around though...... And nasty tempered moose.

AGL, this thread is givin me some great laughs today! Hope you get a shot at a bear soon.

Release Lake Trout

.......Depends........
    Old Sourdough saying, "When it is time for "Depends" it is time for the Alaska Pioneer home.

Anchorage was a fine place to live......I enjoyed living there when "Anchorage" ENDED at 15'th Ave.
    ...but when you moved to Hope, the average quality of life went up in both places
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.