Thread: Teak supply in Anchorage?

Default Teak supply in Anchorage?

Anybody know where I can buy some pieces of teak wood in Anchorage. I want to build a couple teak shelves for my boat galley and a rack to organize my fishing tackle. The interior is trimmed in teak so I'd like to keep a consistent look.

There is a shop on fishhook rd in palmer(little past trunk rd) that sells hardwoods you might try calling them. Maybe see if you can find some teak veneered plywood or there is always teak color stain !!

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

You also might want to try Alaska hardware specialities in Anchorage...

http://hsiak.com/

You could also probably find some cumaru flooring or ipe decking at the home improvement centers that would be nearly as good as Indonesian teak; when working with that dense a hardwood, prepare to burn up some tooling and face more challenges in gluing and finishing.
    " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Bought a few pieces from Spenard builders down in Homer some years back .... when we were using it a lot in boat interiors. Mostly had to get it from West Marine. It was expensive and freight wasn't cheap either ... but nothing is quite the same as teak. Easy to cut work with ...... natural oil content is so high you can sand it with almost no dust. I would try SBS in Anchorage ... maybe they have some. Also, with West Marine now in Anchorage ... they could possibly have some as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisutch View Post
    Anybody know where I can buy some pieces of teak wood in Anchorage. I want to build a couple teak shelves for my boat galley and a rack to organize my fishing tackle. The interior is trimmed in teak so I'd like to keep a consistent look.

I actually have a garrage with 16 2x4's 16 ft long. 8- 1x4's, 8 ft long. 4-1x6's, 8 feet long and some shorter pieces; unfortuneately it's in Texas. Good luck finding good Teak for your project.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Hah, yeah Texas is a bit far. I did find some online outfits that ship teak pieces if all else fails. It sounds like there are a few local shops that i can check out first though. Thanks for the pointers everyone! I finally got the boat out of storage this weekend. Time to get to work!

Wasilla, behind 3 Bears on the Palmer Wasilla Hwy

Definitely Hardware Specialities. Its off of Arctic east of Bailey's clearance show room at 424 W 54th Ave

Anchorage, AK 99518 I've seen teak in the racks.