http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

there may be more, check the F&G website for updates
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"

Press release summarizing king salmon restrictions per ADN:
    http://www.adn.com/2013/04/18/287038...increased.html

Here are the Fish and Game press releases:
    2013 King Salmon Sport Fishing Restrictions for Lower Cook Inlet Streams and Marine Waters Announced
    Sport fisheries in the Anchor River, Deep Creek, Ninilchik River drainages and the marine waters of Cook Inlet south of the latitude of the mouth of the Ninilchik River to the latitude of Bluff Point will be managed conservatively during the 2013 season in response to low king salmon abundance over recent years, a below-average outlook for the upcoming season, and uncertainty over how quickly king salmon abundance may rebound. The following restrictions are in effect from Wednesday, May 1 through Sunday, June 30, 2013 except where otherwise noted:
    The Anchor River is closed to sport fishing on Wednesdays and the ADF&G regulatory marker is relocated approximately 1,000 feet downstream of the North and South fork junction.
    The combined annual limit is 2 king salmon 20 inches or greater in length for fish harvested in the Anchor River, Deep Creek, and Ninilchik River and all marine waters south of the latitude of the mouth of the Ninilchik River to the latitude of Bluff Point.
    Anglers are required to stop fishing for any species for the rest of the day after harvesting a king salmon 20 inches or greater in length from either the Anchor River, Deep Creek or the Ninilchik River.
    Anglers may only use one unbaited, single-hook, artificial lure on the Anchor River, Deep Creek, and Ninilchik River.
    Ninilchik River king salmon bag and possession is one naturally produced or hatchery-produced fish from May 1 through June 30; beginning July 1, bag and possession is limited to 1 hatchery-produced king salmon. A naturallyproduced king salmon is a king salmon with an adipose fin intact. Hatchery-produced king salmon are distinguished from naturally-produced king salmon by a healed adipose fin-clip scar. The adipose fin is the small fleshy fin on the back just ahead of the tail.
    The department believes these restrictions will provide the best chance to achieve sustainable escapement goals in these streams and reduce the potential of in-season closures while providing fishing opportunity.
    Susitna River and Little Susitna River King Salmon Fishing Restrictions to Begin Wednesday, May 15
    Sport fisheries within the Northern Cook Inlet Area will be managed conservatively during the 2013 season in response to low king salmon abundance over recent years, a below-average outlook for the upcoming season, and uncertainty over how quickly king salmon abundance may rebound. The following restrictions are effective Wednesday, May 15, 2013 in the Susitna River drainage (Units 1-6) and Little Susitna River:
    Annual limit of two (2) king salmon 20 inches or longer. The total annual limit of king salmon 20 inches or longer taken from fresh waters of Cook Inlet remains at five (5), but no more than two may be taken in combination from the Susitna River drainage and Little Susitna River. King salmon recorded before Wednesday, May 15, on the harvest portion of an Alaska sport fishing license or harvest record card do not count against the two king salmon that may be harvested beginning May 15, but do count against the Cook Inlet annual limit of five king salmon.
    Only one unbaited, single-hook, artificial lure is allowed, including the Deshka River. Single-hook means a fish hook with only one point. Treble hooks and more than one singlehook are prohibited.
    Upon harvesting a king salmon over 20 inches in length, a person may not fish for any species of fish on the same day in waters open to king salmon in the Susitna River drainage and the Knik Arm drainages.
    Harvest is allowed on the Deshka River (Unit 1), and on specific days within the Yentna River drainage (Unit 4), except for the Talachulitna River. Harvest within Unit 4 will be restricted to Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and Mondays only; catch-and-release fishing will be allowed on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Harvest will be allowed on the Deshka River seven days per week; however, bait will not be allowed.
    King salmon harvest (of any size) is prohibited within Unit 1 (except on Deshka River), on the Parks Highway streams within Unit 2, the upper Susitna (Unit 3), Talachulitna River (Unit 4), Talkeetna River (Unit 5), and Chulitna River (Unit 6). Catch-and-release fishing will be allowed during days and times normally open to king salmon fishing within these management units. King salmon may not be removed from the water and must be released immediately. In the waters of Unit 2 open to catch-and-release fishing for king salmon, fishing Susitna River and Little Susitna River King Salmon Fishing Restrictions April 18, 2013 for trout and other species will not be affected by these emergency regulations for king salmon and will continue as written in current regulation.
    King salmon harvest in the Little Susitna River is allowed only on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. King salmon harvest (of any size) is prohibited on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday; only catch-and-release fishing is allowed on these days. King salmon that are intended to be released may not be removed from the water and must be released immediately.
    The Eklutna Tailrace is excluded from all restrictions.
    Please refer to pages 23-32 of the 2013 Southcentral Alaska Sport Fishing Regulations Summary booklet for a complete description of Susitna River waters and locations of boundary markers for areas open to king salmon fishing. These regulations can also be found online at www.adfg.alaska.gov

Northern Cook Inlet king salmon stocks have been well below average since 2007. This management strategy, in combination with closing the first Northern District commercial king salmon fishing period and reducing the remaining four periods from 12 hours to 6 hours, is designed to provide fishing opportunity throughout the season and reduce the potential for midseason closures, yet achieve the escapement goals in Northern Cook Inlet.
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

It sucks but is very needed. I appreciate that they restricted sport and commercial. Lets cross our fingers and hope we start getting bigger runs in the future.
    Ignorance is not Bliss, it's insanity

All these EO's and not one mention of the KENAI RIVER? HMMMMM figures!

It draws to much money. They will late until later in the season, once every one is booked up and on a plane.

I agree that the closures and restrictions are badly needed. I feel for the Valley guides though. It's going to be another tough summer.

Quote Originally Posted by danmiotke View Post
    What restrictions would you like to see or think are needed?

I wonder why they never put restrictions on the Talkeetna ? Everyone heads up there when the Su closes
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I wonder why they never put restrictions on the Talkeetna ? Everyone heads up there when the Su closes
    The Talkeetna is restricted to catch-and-release only. Be sure to read the news release carefully. It does point out the Talkeetna restriction.

The Homer AC recommended both the Wednesday closures on the Anchor, and restrictions on the ninilchick and Kasilof. We also proposed a total closure on fishing the KS spawning beds on the Kenai. It will be interesting to see what comes to be regulation in the next BOF meetings. It really sucks to have to make proposals a year before they will be considered.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"

Quote Originally Posted by aktally View Post
    The Talkeetna is restricted to catch-and-release only. Be sure to read the news release carefully. It does point out the Talkeetna restriction.
    Good to know when folks ask me, Just wondered I quit guiding and fishing for salmon 5 years ago. Got burned out and hate the taste of salmon.
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by danmiotke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Col. F Rodder View Post
    It draws to much money. They will late until later in the season, once every one is booked up and on a plane.

Yep. They'll wait till after the first run when it becomes an emergency.

I didnt see mention of the Kasilof. No restrictions there yet?
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

[

Quote Originally Posted by c6 batmobile View Post
    Yep. They'll wait till after the first run when it becomes an emergency.

I didnt see mention of the Kasilof. No restrictions there yet?

Cancel that. Just saw the very first EO for the Kasilof. No natural retention. One bag and possession of hatchery. Still 5 per year.

The Kenai already starts out with many restrictions that the other rivers are now seeing and some other rivers are yet to see, no bait, single hook, slot limit, tributary spawning/staging areas closed for the season, guide hours and days limited, no fishing after retention, 2 fish/year, and all of those restrictions are just the regulations, not EO's.

I would say that the fishery starts out very restricted and F&G is usually pretty quick to cut it back to C&R/closure if the indicators are below average.

this has been a long time coming. hope its not too little too late.

Anglers are required to stop fishing for any species for the rest of the day after harvesting a king salmon 20 inches or greater in length from either the Anchor River, Deep Creek or the Ninilchik River.
    Anglers may only use one unbaited, single-hook, artificial lure on the Anchor River, Deep Creek, and Ninilchik River.

Only one unbaited, single-hook, artificial lure is allowed, including the Deshka River. Single-hook means a fish hook with only one point. Treble hooks and more than one singlehook are prohibited.
    Upon harvesting a king salmon over 20 inches in length, a person may not fish for any species of fish on the same day in waters open to king salmon in the Susitna River drainage and the Knik Arm drainages.
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

Well I just spent 30 bucks and 2 hrs changing pretty much every single last bit of tackle over to single hook. I dont even think I poked a hole in my hand this time.

Shoot...I did that last year and never got to use it, so I'm already prepared for this year...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast