Thread: Thank you. AMF

Default Thank you. AMF

I am under the Mooose kill list and got called yesterday to respond to a 3 legged moose walking near Walmart. The trooper shot it in the head but the leg accident happened @ until last week or so. Called Vince, who called Mike and he was told he could not touch it because it was not killled by a car or truck. Mike in the valley offered to help and I told him no... I would do the work myself than have him respond on his own time and effort to get it up out of a 100 foot drop. Something needs to change. The 80 degree slope it went down just about killed me, my step-son had to pull me up the last ten feet. I was too week to do it myself. Had on moon boots, not too good for mountain climbing. But a big shout out to Vince and Mike, Thank you guys!!!!!!!!
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    I am under the Mooose kill list and got called yesterday to respond to a 3 legged moose walking near Walmart. The trooper shot it in the head but the leg accident happened @ until last week or so. Called Vince, who called Mike and he was told he could not touch it because it was not killled by a car or truck. Mike in the valley offered to help and I told him no... I would do the work myself than have him respond on his own time and effort to get it up out of a 100 foot drop. Something needs to change. The 80 degree slope it went down just about killed me, my step-son had to pull me up the last ten feet. I was too week to do it myself. Had on moon boots, not too good for mountain climbing. But a big shout out to Vince and Mike, Thank you guys!!!!!!!!
    Kudos to Mike who offered to help, but what does the AMF had to do with your Trooper killed Moose?

you just have to love a truck reciever mounted winch... (front and back capable perferrably)

Plus, I like to bring my moose back in one piece, so winches and hoists aid in getting the harvested animal into trailer or bed of truck.

Question: Was there any meat loss from week old injury?

Why did the Troopers dispatch the moose?

there are three legged moose surviving around Fairbanks, and there's a cow by Nenana that's been three legged for multiple years. Friend of mine sends me photo's of her and calves almost every year....

Chris

Hey Ken when did scada become a charity case?
    With all those memberships you guys must be loaded with $$$$. What is it you always say you represent 30,000 dipnetters.
    30,000 X $10 each is a lot of money.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Default mathematics

Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    With all those memberships you guys must be loaded with $$$$. What is it you always say you represent 30,000 dipnetters.
    30,000 X $10 each is a lot of money.
    That math might not be exact... Here, we write a check for $20 to SCADA, not $10. So maybe whop has 2/3rds of a mil lying around somewhere, instead of the mere 1/3 mil you say? I just thought if we were going to mis-use our friend mathematics, we oughta' do it proud.

Although, maybe I missed a memo somewhere, but I for one have never heard whop say he has anywhere near that number of members. It is my impression that that is approximately the number of dipnetters though.

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    That math might not be exact... Here, we write a check for $20 to SCADA, not $10. So maybe whop has 2/3rds of a mil lying around somewhere, instead of the mere 1/3 mil you say? I just thought if we were going to mis-use our friend mathematics, we oughta' do it proud.

Although, maybe I missed a memo somewhere, but I for one have never heard whop say he has anywhere near that number of members. It is my impression that that is approximately the number of dipnetters though.
    The $20 is for a family membership at least according to their website. 10$ for a single.
    He doesn't claim 30,000 members but it seems I always read on here where he claims to represent all 30,000 dipnetters when asked about how many members there are so I was having a little fun with the math I guess.
    I was really just throwing that out for laughs and hopefully it is taken that way.

My understanding is there are 225 SCADA members or so according to what I have read. So I guess in reality he represents what .0075% of dipnetters i.e. his paying membership. With each member paying even $20 that isn't much so that might just make him a charity case afterall.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    I was having a little fun with the math I guess. I was really just throwing that out for laughs and hopefully it is taken that way.
    You bet. Me too.

I bet he wishes he had 2/3 mil tucked away (per year, of course).