Thread: Sako xs (micro bolt) anyone own one in 223? Opinions?

Default Sako xs (micro bolt) anyone own one in 223? Opinions?

Been looking over these micro-bolts. I'm liking what I see, very lightweight, short bolt throw/quick 60 degree lift. Flush fitting 6 round mags so you can carry it at the balance point.

Iron sight are optional, 20" barrels, less than 6-1/4 lbs.

Has anyone shot one of these? I see that you can choose either an 8" twist rate, or a 12":1

http://www.sako.fi/pdf/specs/85HunterSS.pdf

Not exactly, but I have a sako 223 "walking varmitter" type, She loves 60 gr nosler Partition, very accurate very light, no recoil.
    I shot a deer with it this year, 125 yds, clean through both shoulders, not much of a wound channel.

care to elaborate about your rifle a bit more? Trigger pull, reliability, smoothness of the bolt, quality, ect ?

I think Sako says it all. Lok on gunbroker see what used vixens and finnbears are selling for. Fully adjustable trigger great metal to wood fit, great metal finiish. Bolt closes like a door on a mercedes. scope base is milled into receiver so less screw to loosen. Mine has Leupold 4-12 and leupold rings. there's nothing not ot love about it.

Tikka makes fine guns too.

Too bad the little CZ has a mag sticking out...otherwise a nice gun. 300 Black Out would be a fine round for that gun with a 4 round flush mag.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

A friend of mine had a Vixen in .222.... awesome little rifle in every respect.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit