Thread: 16 guage Iver Johnson Question

Default 16 guage Iver Johnson Question

Quick question for those who might know the answer. I recently aquired an Iver Johnson Champion 16 guage. It was supposedly in non-working order when I got it (which helped immensly in the aquiring of the gun). After messing with it a bit, I realized the hammer would cock if the gun was pointed in the downward direction, but not up, which even to my untrained self led me to believe it was a spring issue of some sort. After taking it down, it does indeed have a broken trigger spring.

It looks like there are some trigger springs to be had on the internet, but none of them list the guage. Does anybody know if the action was the same, and if the trigger spring would be interchangeable with the 12 or 20 guage models? For looking like the gun hadn't been touched in a few decades, the barrel is remarkably shiny, and I hope to have the gun fully functional in time for birds in the fall. Part of the draw to the 16 for me is those purple shells. They just look so nice all lined up in the box. Anyway, on a side note, the trigger feels like it breaks at maybe 4 pounds, and is as crisp and clean of a trigger as I have ever felt. It would be a fine trigger on any rifle. If anybody has any information on this gun, or a good idea of where to find a trigger spring, I would be appreciative. Thanks,
    Jed

I believe one frame size was used on these guns.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Depending on model itís one of these, worst case spend $15 for both with shipping and youíll have the right one.
    http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/471790.htm
    http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/479800.htm
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Thanks guys,
    I got the info I was looking for, and direct links to what I need. I appreciate the help.