Thread: roofer/remote job

Default roofer/remote job

I am looking for someone to do a remote metal roof for me, valley area must have snow machine. 715-7930

Well since no one has replied, I can't resist and the snow is melting fast, plus it is the Valley........a Blue Tarp!

Default Took to long to add photo

We are doing the same this weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images

i wish i only had to cover that little roof mines 45' long

The guy I was going to hire this past year ended up falling off someone elses first and almost killed his self. I've got it to do as soon as I get there early this summer. The plastic and blue tarp will only last so long. Did I mention that heights suck, and mine is 12:12 with the eves anywhere from 9 to 12 feet off the ground? Makes me nauseous.

love to help you guys out but schedule just wont allow it.. I dont want to come across as some cybernanny so I just say this out of experience (I am a licensed bonded and insured general contractor)and genuine concern for fellow forum members but exercise caution when hiring someone to do the roof if they were to fall they could potentially try to come after you.. again just puttin it out there ... Good luck with the projects..

I'd love to do it too, sounds fun; no sled though. Is that the only way to get there? No fly-in? Are the materials on site? You own the place, so you are your own general, just have whoever you get fill out a 1099, that should cover you.
    " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Default W9, not 1099

Quote Originally Posted by cdubbin View Post
    just have whoever you get fill out a 1099, that should cover you.
    You mean W9.

Though I'm not sure that them filling out a form that only contractors fill out before coming onsite is enough to limit your liability. It might take a lawyer to find that out for sure.

The 1099-MISC form is filled out and submitted by ONLY the employer at the end of the year (for each contractor that filled out a W9) if that contractor made > $600 during the previous calendar year.

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    You mean W9.

Though I'm not sure that them filling out a form that only contractors fill out before coming onsite is enough to limit your liability. It might take a lawyer to find that out for sure.

The 1099-MISC form is filled out and submitted by ONLY the employer at the end of the year (for each contractor that filled out a W9) if that contractor made > $600 during the previous calendar year.
    Ya got me; "1099" is a catch-all in the industry when speaking of indie contractor status (but I bet you know that) These links might help:

http://labor.alaska.gov/wc/er-profit.html

http://www.touchngo.com/lglcntr/akst...section890.htm
    " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg