Thread: Antique guns needed for tv show

Default Antique guns needed for tv show

A major cable network TV show is looking for antique guns that are unique and one of a kind. If you're in the Anchorage area and need a repair or just want your interesting gun on TV than we want to hear from you! The more unusual the better!

Please email alaskacasting2012@gmail.com with recent pics of the gun along with the gun's specs. Don't forget we need your info too so please also include your name, email, phone, and residing city.

oh great....here come the prostitutes. they'll come running from spenard for the idea of some camera attention. is this going to be an exciting unreality show?

In other words, WWG has a second season....Wonder if there'll be more canned Elk hunts and the like this go around.....
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Seriously? Who in their right mind would send their contact info to a complete stranger (scammer?) along with pictures of valuable antiques kept in their house? You might as well put a sign in your front yard saying "I have expensive antiques in here, please break into my house and take all my stuff!"

Don't forget to include what hours you are at home.,,,,,,,,

Hi Frostbitten,

We'd expect you to take pictures of just the gun with the serial number covered just as most guns pictured and sent via internet are done. We also want to know if you're in the Anchorage area, we're not asking for an exact address nor do we want that. We just want to know if you're close enough to our filming location. Your reservations are understood but if you have the slightest inkling to show the world how cool your guns are then email us what you feel comfortable with sharing.

Yeah Frostbitten, go for it!

I mean it's on the internet, so it MUST be legit........

Moderators, would these posts by the OP qualify as spam?
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.

Quote Originally Posted by AKGuns View Post
    Hi Frostbitten,

We'd expect you to take pictures of just the gun with the serial number covered just as most guns pictured and sent via internet are done. We also want to know if you're in the Anchorage area, we're not asking for an exact address nor do we want that. We just want to know if you're close enough to our filming location. Your reservations are understood but if you have the slightest inkling to show the world how cool your guns are then email us what you feel comfortable with sharing.
    Interesting...in the other thread, you asked for pictures of "you and/or the gun". Why would it matter to you how close someone is to Anchorage...unless you're offering to pay their way to the filming location?

Nonetheless, this is the land of opportunity, so if you can find a way to make a bunch of money by whatever it is you are trying to do here, then I suppose I'll just wish you good luck.

Hi Frostbitten,

...additionally, if this isn't a scam, then why don't you divuldge which "major cable TV network" will be carrying this show? While you are at it, go ahead and tell us a little bit about yourself....like the name of your company, your phone number and the town you live in. Afterall, it's all legit right?

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post
    ...additionally, if this isn't a scam, then why don't you divuldge which "major cable TV network" will be carrying this show? While you are at it, go ahead and tell us a little bit about yourself....like the name of your company, your phone number and the town you live in. Afterall, it's all legit right?
    I would be interested to know some info on this as well...
    "Grin and Bear It"

A major cable network TV show is looking for antique guns that are unique and one of a kind. If you're in the Anchorage area and need a repair or just want your interesting gun on TV than we want to hear from you! The more unusual the better!

Please email alaskacasting2012@gmail.com with recent pics of the gun along with the gun's specs. Don't forget we need your info too so please also include your name, email, phone, and residing city.
    We need your info too...if you tell me yours, I'll tell you mine.
    "Grin and Bear It"

Frostbitten,

Currently, we are looking to find interesting and dynamic people as well as guns for our show so it's just a matter of changing ads is all. And to answer your question why it's important to have folks close to Anchorage is because the business we film is in Anchorage. However, we also will travel so if you're in a city we might visit then that helps us know if we can work with you.

You seem dynamic enough so if you're not shy in front of the camera then email me at alaskacasting2012@gmail.com. You'll be pleasantly surprised to see that we're not so bad afterall.

Frostbitten,

Currently, we are looking to find interesting and dynamic people as well as guns for our show so it's just a matter of changing ads is all. And to answer your question why it's important to have folks close to Anchorage is because the business we film is in Anchorage. However, we also will travel so if you're in a city we might visit then that helps us know if we can work with you.

You seem dynamic enough so if you're not shy in front of the camera then email me at alaskacasting2012@gmail.com. You'll be pleasantly surprised to see that we're not so bad afterall.
    Straight out of the soft-sell playbook. No thanks.

They must have a stringent screening process. You posted 4 sentences and "you are dynamic enough " what awesome standards.

You know, the moderators/owner of this forum killed the 2A forum because it didn't fit with the website's stated purpose-to disseminate information about the Alaska outdoors. I wholeheartedly supported, and continue to support, that decision. However, I would like to make the case to said moderators and owners that forum users, such as AKGuns, do absolutely nothing to contribute to the website's stated purpose, much in the same way that bantering about the Second Amendment contributed nothing. In view of that, I hereby petition the moderators/owner of this website to disallow this sort of pandering and ask AKGuns et al to cease and desist from advertising their fictional, misinformational shows on Alaska Outdoor Forums.

It's bad enough that they make these shows about us, do we have to have to help them or give voice to them?

Alaska "reality" shows generate interest in Alaska. Interest generates money. Money talks.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post
    What he said, post your information. Or are you afraid?

Hey folks he is from califorina,how could he be bad
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I got a couple of Winchester Model 1911 semi auto 12 gauge "widow makers" that are pretty cool. To cock them, you push the barrel down in the receiver and it opens the breech. You then reach down and push a button to hold it open. Problem was, sometimes when you pushed down the barrel, some guys leaned over the end and the gun went off. Instant widow maker. They also had a reputation for going full auto.