Thread: Summer 2013 Dipping Plans

Default Summer 2013 Dipping Plans

Hard to believe it, but in a little over a month we'll be chomping at the bit to go fishing, wondering when Fish and Game is going to start posting Copper escapement numbers, etc.

Looks like it may be a little different for me this summer. May only get to go on one trip, so...

Option A: Personal preference would be Copper permit above the bridge (more per permit, more kings, earlier opening). Don't have a boat, so if you are of a like mind and have room, I'm open to invitations.

If the snow hangs on, then melts all at once, we may see a repeat of rapidly rising, debris-filled, fish movement-stopping conditions. In that case...

Option B: Copper below the bridge towards the bottom of the DZ ala last year. Have to make one permit stretch the year. Go early enough to be assured of kings. (See Option A, sentence 2).

How's that for simple?

Gr8fl... I'm already chomping at the bit to get out there, especially since the King Salmon EO's are posted for the Valley and KP. And, like you I fall under option A also...

I'll be watching the run numbers close, but we'll hopefully make our first Chitina run on the 7th or 14th of June.

Same here. Depending on the run size I am shooting for the first part of June. Guna try above the bridge this year. Can't wait!!! "fishon"
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

Default Regulations and opening dates

Under the Copper River Personal Use Dip Net Salmon Fishery Management Plan, salmon may be taken in the Chitina Subdistrict from June 7 until September 30 only during periods established by Emergency Order.
    Under the Copper River Subsistence Salmon Fisheries Management Plans (5 AAC 01.647), the Glennallen Subdistrict Subsistence Salmon Fishery is open continuously from June 1 through September 30.
    PM me if you want to chip in on a boat rental for the Glennallen opener.

You know I wanna go....just don't know if I can yet.

Copper River Report from 1 May... Fish wheels are still buried in 2' of snow and the river is froze solid with about 4' of ice...

With the ice staying as late as it will be, I think the first part of the run is going to linger outside and be delayed... I also think the counters will be late on being put in because of said ice.