Thread: Delta Clearwater

Default Delta Clearwater

Hey all, I did some extensive searching to see if my question was already answered but I couldn't find anything. Anyway I am thinking about a float on the DCW in May and wanted to know if/how difficult it would be to take a raft and get it up and out via the lake. I donít mind some effort to get it done but I have no idea what the current is like up to the lake for a takeout. Looking at tagging along on a two day trip with some canoes and I know they will be able to get out. Wanted to avoid going to the highway especially if it is breaking up etc down that way. I dont mind doing some dragging so I was just looking for some input. Might just do a canoe but I own a raft and wouldnít mind just bringing it. And I dont have a motor mount for the raft.

Thanks
    Chris

Really is not that big a deal to get back in and up out of the lake unless the wind is blowing. Hold it, It's Delta Junction the wind is always blowing. Send a PM to Iceberg if you can ask the question.

I will tell you if things don't change soon you may have to wait to a Mem Weekend to attempt.

Thanks, I will get ahold of Iceberg. It was in the back of my mind about getting the drip done as it has been somewhat cold. I have a friend in Fairbanks that I am joining and he is keeping an eye on things. I figure I can row and add a paddle for my wife and possibly one additional person and it will be manageable. Just wasnt sure. I think this year a motor mount for the raft may be on the list but not that soon. Hopefully things warm up and we can make it happen. But thats sure good to know as I may be up that way a lot for work this year and was thinking about bringing my raft and doing that one or two weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMoose View Post
    Really is not that big a deal to get back in and up out of the lake unless the wind is blowing. Hold it, It's Delta Junction the wind is always blowing. Send a PM to Iceberg if you can ask the question.

I will tell you if things don't change soon you may have to wait to a Mem Weekend to attempt.

I had a friend take a look and no surprise the lake is very frozen. Its not happening this year.