Thread: scale to weigh gear??

Default scale to weigh gear??

Hey guys, would like a more accurate scale to put together my packing list. What scales do you guys like to weigh your gun, pack, tent, stakes..
    NRA life Member JVJ

Got one from the post office

I am using a simple digital kitchen scale from Costco. They were on sale this winter up to early March - about $12. It measures a max of 11 pounds and can change to pounds with tenths, ounces, or grams. Tares/zeros out as well. So far everything but the pack has fit fine. I stuff all bulky clothing into a smaller bag and compress it to make sure it fits on the scale.

However, it is small and does not work well for packs or luggage. I have a hanging luggage scale for that about $8 from amazon.

Same kitchen scale as AK Ray

I use a postal scale. It weighs up to 35 lbs, in pounds, ounces or grams. It came from Amazon and uses either batteries or an AC cord.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

I have a KitchenAid kitchen scale that I think does up to 20 lbs. Worked great for my fly out trip last fall.

AZinAK

I got this one off Amazon. Weighs in ounces; pounds and ounces; kilograms; and pounds and tenths of pounds up to 55 lbs.

Works great for me.

http://www.amazon.com/UltraShip-Digi...keywords=scale

For the larger items, we have used a luggage scale from Wal-Mart. It reads out in pounds and tenths of pounds. For smaller stuff, a kitchen scale should suffice.

I use a pack saddle scale. Others use their bathroom scale holding the item and then a little subtraction.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

a digital fishing scale works for horse packs and people packs, too.

Bathroom digital.

I use this one it has 5000 reviews and 5 stars for the small stuff under 11 lbs.

http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Preci...keywords=scale

My buddy has this one from Cabela's. It is a little pricey but goes up to 150 lbs and has the detached LCD display. This is really handy for weighing large items. We use it to weigh gear in coolers and packs for our flights up to Alaska. It is also great for processing game and the stainless steel surface is easy to clean.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Barga...ale/716019.uts