Thread: Harvest report confusion

Question Harvest report confusion

I drew out for a hunt and I'm trying to do my homework. I was looking at the harvest reports for the last five years out of the area and the reports break the GMU down into major and minor subunits (i.e. GMU 21D Major K00 Minor 0804). I went to the Fish and Game office in Anchorage and the guy looked at me like I was speaking a different language, he had no idea. I e-mailed the area biologist and again he didn't know. The area manager either didn't know or wouldn't tell me. I've searched the archives and found nothing. At this point I really don't need to know the information but its now become a matter of principle. Does anyone have any insight into this? Thanks in advance.
    Todd

Default Info

The minor is also known as the Uniform Coding Unit. These areas are just a further breakdown of the GMU subunits to give ADF&G better idea of where animals are taken.
    To Find where these are go to this link. Read the directions, its a quick learn.

http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/gis/i...ookMaps#ucumap

I don't think the UC Index map is available for 21D cuz of the new changes. Todd, what permit did you draw?

I drew out Koyukuk River late hunt. I've talked to several people that have hunted the area in the past and have since formed a good plan on where to hunt. At the time I was tring to narrow down an area by narrowing the sub units. You're right the UC Index map is down due to the changes, but I'd still like to find an old map with the sub units for the years recorded.

Red face Here's 2006 info...

http://wildlife.alaska.gov/index.cfm

The same can be researched for previous years. Hope this is what you were looking for.

Taylor