Thread: Sled down but not out.

Default Sled down but not out.

I won't say where it's at to keep the rif raf from plundering it but if you come across a black 02 800 mountian cat (has a 500 sticker on right side) that seens to be torn apart, I'm planing to fix it or I wouldn't of left my tools behind, It's NOT trash. Snaped my final drive saturday on an awsome ride. Hoping the new shaft will be in thursday, and be back up next weekend sometime. I know most here are good people and wouldn't mess with someone elses belongings, so this go's out to the ones that may not get it yet. It can't be towed out from where it's at (easily anyway) so I have to fix it in the field. Thank you. Bob

That has got to suck to leave a sled behind. You could always pull the track and drag it out on the skid frame if all else fails, early in the morning when the snow is hard... Hope it works out for ya.
    Ignorance is not Bliss, it's insanity

if you want to just bring it into town.....let me know. I'm not up to much tomorrow and don't mind lending a hand if you need it. if you got it in there, it can be towed out.

Thanks guys. The track is pulled and everything is ready to be put together I'm just waiting on the shaft hoping it will be here tomorrow. We thought about draging it with the track off but I don't think it will work. It's still powder back there and deep. My buddy went up today and said the snow hasn't started to melt yet. However he didn't make it all the way in but noticed new tracks going over the pass we droped into so someone make it in there, I just hope they had pity on my sled, well see soon. Thanks again.

I remember a thread somewhere that said snowmachines and 4 wheelers left in the woods are litter so they are free to take.. Hope no one messes with your stuff!

I have a big tote-sled that will fit the whole machine. I used this to recover a 700 cc rmk. I don't like towing snowmachine by themselves.....I like to put them in a tote sled. Let me know if you need help.

Michael
    903-2101

I have had good luck using a plastic tote sled with the towed sled turned backwards, the track in the sled and the skis hangin out the back.
    2003 220 Hewescraft Sea Runner 115 Yam'y, Soft Top "Schmidt Happens"

The part is here yee haa heading in tomorrow to repair it so I well go from there. Thanks mainer for the offer I have resources that I can fall back on if need be. This time tomorrow it should be climbing out under it's own power BRRAAP.

Thumbs up hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    if you want to just bring it into town.....let me know. I'm not up to much tomorrow and don't mind lending a hand if you need it. if you got it in there, it can be towed out.

With offers like these..... I cant decide if your a pillar of the community, a glutton for punishment....even maybe a bit insane.

however its good to know theres good folks like yourself in this state willing to render aid to his neighbors. Its that very sense of community that has traditionally made Alaska such a beautiful place to live.

regardless your post just made my day.

Good luck Bob...hope you get her out of there. We all want to hear how that ride was out there though..two people on a one sno-go..bet that was fun
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

The ol girl is home, 2 1/2 hours and BRRRAAAPPP she ran great, even finished out the tank of gas FUN DAY. Oh even saw a Caribou.

Default Good deal

Quote Originally Posted by AK DUCKMAN View Post
    The ol girl is home, 2 1/2 hours and BRRRAAAPPP she ran great, even finished out the tank of gas FUN DAY. Oh even saw a Caribou.

Its good to know that none trashed your rig....I know i get nervous every time I have to leave a vehicle..snowmobile Exct.... lots of times I'm just trying to do a few hours of stalking but even then I worry. i've come back to camp to find it Vandalized before...Not only cant I comprahend someone doing this.... I think it should be legal to shoot folks if you catch them in the act. some of the sh?? Ive seen just testifies to the fact we are overdue the need..... to clean the gene pool.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanTides View Post
    Its good to know that none trashed your rig....I know i get nervous every time I have to leave a vehicle..snowmobile Exct.... lots of times I'm just trying to do a few hours of stalking but even then I worry. i've come back to camp to find it Vandalized before...Not only cant I comprahend someone doing this.... I think it should be legal to shoot folks if you catch them in the act. some of the sh?? Ive seen just testifies to the fact we are overdue the need..... to clean the gene pool.
    Oh... Sorry... I thought it was a Caribou.
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

Carry a shovel my friends carry a shovel.